Track 26

It was our last day in Miami and everybody was heading to the beach to relax on a yacht Alejandro rented. I put on my lavender two-piece, white cover-up and lavender Steve Madden flip-flops. I grabbed my white beach bag and put everything Rod and I needed in it and went in the living room and waited for everybody else. As I was waiting, my phone started ringing. It was Nana. I quickly went on the balcony answered.

"Hey Nana." I beamed from ear to ear. "Hey baby, how you doing?" "I'm doing good. We're about to go to the beach in a little bit." "Oouu show me what you have on." I propped my phone up and showed Nana my outfit. "Ohh I like! Where are the girls? I want to see them." "They went to the store to get snacks while I finish getting ready. I'll send you some pictures though." "Great." She excitedly smiled.

As we were talking Rod walked onto the balcony. I quickly moved the phone so she wouldn't see him. "Hey Nana I have to go pack my beach bag, I'll talk to you later, I love you." "Okay baby I love you too, have fun and be safe." She blew me a kiss. "Yes ma'am." I blew one back and quickly hung up before Rod could say anything. "Dang why you ain't let me talk to Nana?" "Because y'all would've sat here and talked all day. Is everybody else ready?" I changed the subject.

"Nah my cousin still getting ready." He said as we walked back inside. "So I was thinking subs, fruit, chicken, chips and stuff like that for this afternoon." Momma Dee said as she came out of her room. "Baby we're going to be on a yacht, I'm getting a shelf to cook for us." Alejandro said following behind her. "Baby we're going to be having fun in the water. People are going to be hungry, the subs and stuff are already gonna be there and ready to eat. And I already ordered it yesterday, it's ready for pick up." She smiled and pecked his lips.

"Indi would you like to join me?" "Yes ma'am." "Boys we have the location, after we get the food we'll meet y'all there." She kissed them and walked to the door. I kissed Rod, grabbed my bag and followed Momma Dee. "So did you enjoy yourself?" Momma Dee asked as we got onto the elevator. "Yes ma'am, I'm happy I came." "I'm happy you came too. You're such a sweet person to be around, I really enjoyed you this weekend." She smiled. "Thank you." I smiled back.

"Oh you are so much better than the girls my boys are used to. You have so much respect and manners. Looking at you, you can tell you were raised in a good household." "Thank you so much!If my grandparents heard you say that, they would be so proud of themselves. My grandparents tried their best to raise me." "Oh honey they did a phenomenal job! If you don't mind me asking did you always live with your grandparents?"

"Um no I don't mind at all. I live with both of my parents until the age of seven. My mom cheated on my dad with one of his friends; he found out and tried to kill him. A couple months later my mom found out she was pregnant. She packed all of my things and my grandparents are at the door to get me and all of my stuff." I shrugged. "Oh wow, that clears it up." She said as we got in the car.

"Don't get me wrong my dad really tried his best to be a father to his four kids from behind bars and my mom despite all the demons she was fighting and shit she was going through she did her best as well." "It sounds like you grew up with a lot of love and one hell of a support team." "I really did." I smiled thinking of all the love and support I was given my entire life and without my family I would be nothing.

"How does your family feel about you going to college halfway across the country?" "Ugh they hate it! My grandma cries every time she thinks about it. My grandpa is talking about selling the house and buying one here so they could be close to me and my dad is saying he's gonna move down here and get a two bedroom for me and him." I shook my head.

"And every time I think about it I get sad. I'm used to waking up to them every day. If I want to see my dad I could drive that 30 minutes and his house. With them in Cali and me in Florida I can't do that." I wiped my involuntary tears. "I'm gonna be honest with you I know how you feel. When Rodney moved outta the house I cried for a week straight. The thought of him leaving and moving to Florida terrifies me! I always want my babies close to me, so if they need me I could always be there to rescue them. But with Rodney moving to Florida I can't rescue him if he needs me and it scares me. I'm not gonna lie I don't want him to leave me, I'm not ready for him to. But I'll hate myself if I didn't allow him to follow his heart and do what it is he wants. I know you don't want to leave your family and go halfway across the country but if you don't go you'll live regret it and hate yourself. Trust me, I know from experience." She shook her head.

We talked all the way to Publix. "What do you like to drink?" Momma Dee asked as we walked down the liquor asile of Publix. "I like wine coolers and Pink Whitney." "Mhm so you're a lite drinker huh?" She chuckled. "Ya know I love me some brown liquor and patron but I'm not trying to get drunk and embarrass myself so I'm keeping it lite." "Honey we're basically family, you can't embarrass yourself to us." She said and picked up the drinks I requested and some Hennessy.

We grabbed the food, paid and headed to the car. "I'm not trying to be nosy or anything but how did you and Alejandro meet?" I asked as we pulled out the parking lot. "We met in high school." She smiled. "Although I already knew who he was because of his family, they were like a Puerto Rican mafia. It was our sophomore year and I was on the track team and he would always come to the meets and watch me race. Well at the last meet I qualified for competition. He came up to me and asked if I wanted to go out with him to celebrate and I said hell no." Momma Dee giggled.

"All The girls wanted him because of who he was and what he had. But me? I wanted nothing to do with it, I honestly thought he was arrogant. He asked why and I said I like thoughtful guys, and that it was nothing thoughtful about him. Then I walked away. She laughed. "After that day he would find me and give me flowers, he would walk me to class, give me rides home, tell me how beautiful I was." She smiled really hard reminiscing. "We've been together ever since." She said as we pulled into the boat yard.

"And I wouldn't trade him or my boys for all the money in the world." She smiled and blew a kiss at him as she parked the car. "Trust me, he's far from perfect and every once in a while we have our days but it's all worth it." "Hey baby." Alejandro said as he came to the car and kissed her through the window and opened the car door for her.

Rod and his cousin got the food and drinks and boarded the boat. I got me and Momma Dees things and boarded as well. After helping set up the food and drinks Rod and I laid on a pool chair together. "I had a lot of fun this weekend, thank you for inviting me baby." "I had fun with you too." He kissed my neck and started sucking it. "Stop it." I giggled and popped his leg. "I'm in a silly goofy mood." He licked my ear.

"No sir." I shook my head. "All the sex we had this weekend I'm surprised we ain't multiply like rabbits." "Trust me, imma get you pregnant real soon." He smirked. "You better stop playing." I pointed my finger in his face. "I'm serious it'll be cool to have some mini us running around."

"Keep it up." I warned and pinched him. "I could see us having ten kids." I said after a couple seconds of silence. "Oh hell yeah!" Rod said excitedly. Rod and I sat and talked about our ten imaginary kids, and our futures together. Sitting here listening to how excited he is to one day start a family with me someday made me happy. Being with him made me happy, his love wasn't complicated...