Ch3- abandoned

[word count (including this + authors note: 1905)
3rd person POV
A month later

Izuku sat at his desk in silence, his blueprint notebook laid out on his desk along with a pencil in his hand as he worked on his plans for a voice changer. Finishing the drawing, he began writing out a list of the parts he would need, along with instructions on how to build it with their own pictures. Of course, Izuku was in no way stupid, he made sure to write all of his blueprint work and his analysis in a code he had created last year. This kept the information safe from anyone who may have different intentions to his own.

While he was writing, Izuku had also been listening to his parents conversation, he couldn't really hear much but heard his name mentioned multiple times. Thoughts of what they may have been speaking of were shoved out of Izuku's head by force, as he tried his best to block out their voices and focus. He took his blueprint notebook and hid it in the broken panel of his cupboard stationed above the desk. His parents hadn't taken kindly to seeing his analysis and blueprint books lately, the last time he left them out in the open like this was two weeks ago, which resulted in him having to rewrite everything into a new book. He wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Izuku reached into the main part of the cupboard, pulling out his textbooks which any normal kid wouldn't have seen until they were a good 5 or so years older. Along with another half filled notebook to make his notes in. He started taking notes and waited, shaking in anticipation for Hisashi  to burst into his room as he had for the past month, resulting in a beating. However, on the slightly lighter note, Izuku discovered that if his father found him studying, usually he wasn't so harsh. The first time it happened, he was watching a video on his laptop.

his ankle ended up shattered into several pieces.

His parents forbid him to go back to school when Hisashi broke his ankle, fearing that a teacher would question it and have them thrown in jail so they kept him locked in the house, only allowing him out for meal times where he would cook for them and himself on the days he was allowed to eat.

They didn't take him to a doctor, (obviously) instead throwing a roll of bandages at him and the first aid kit, telling him to "Not get blood all over the floors," Izuku also knew very well that they hated the sight of his broken foot. It would've made anyone nauseous. It was swelling and purplish, it seemed like half of the bones in his foot were missing at first glance considering a five year old patched it up himself. Izuku only managed to even start to patch himself up semi-decently thanks to the first aid book he had taken out of the library last year, so thankfully he avoided it getting infected. Although it did take a while to heal as he was still forced to do housework and cook, not being allowed anything to act as a crutch he was forced to limp around, putting pressure on the broken bones several times, slowing the healing process.

Luckily, after about two weeks he was completely healed up (A/N: Yes I am very aware that it most likely would take longer than this however, this is a world with superpowers so let's just say evolution is the reason for the insane healing speed or if you want to just blame saiki <3) although it would've only taken about a week had he not aggravated it unnecessarily.

Izuku sat at his desk studying for the next two hours but Hisashi  never came that night. Izuku was slightly confused by this but was thankful that he had been spared for today, assuming that his father had probably fallen asleep early.

Without any fresh bruises or bleeding cuts to attend to, Izuku curled up on his blanket in the corner ready to sleep. His parents had sold his bed a couple of weeks ago because " Quirkless brats, deserve to sleep in the dirt." Still, they had been considerate enough to give him a blanket, that however was given to him so " He wouldn't get his filthy cells on the floor." Hisashi said that he didn't want anyone else to 'catch his disgusting 'disease' '.