Ch24- USJ, the aftermath

[word count (including this + authors note):2874]

3rd person POV

Izuku woke up with a sharp inhale, his mind foggy and his entire body throbbing painfully as he tried to figure out what was exactly happening. he eventually managed to work out that he was probably on a stretcher judging from the feel of the material beneath him, most likely being transported to a hospital or to recovery girl, either way he needs to get out of this. Izuku has never been able to go to a doctor, I mean imagine checking up on a new patient and finding old bullet wounds on their body with no explanation as to where he got them, the last thing he needed here was more attention on him. Not to mention his classmates needed the help more than he did, he could deal with his injuries himself, they couldn't. He looked over to the nurse that was carrying him "excuse me ma'am but I'm not badly injured, you'd be better off helping one of my classmates." he told her "I'll just walk over to the infirmary myself and get a quick checkover." The nurse looked doubtful and paused before hesitantly nodding and helping him down from the stretcher, once she saw he could walk she was relatively satisfied and went off to help with the other students who seemed to need help more urgently with some unable to stand properly.

Izuku then made his way to the infirmary, all he would have to do now is convince recovery girl that the scrapes and bruises on his arms and legs were his only injuries, he also had to worry about Shouta, he'd have to convince him too which wouldn't be as easy as it had been with that nurse or recovery girl. They were professionals who knew what badly injured people tended to look like, if he hid those signs they'd assume he was fine, they'd have no real reason to question him as they probably wouldn't even fathom that a student would lie about having 'major' injuries. Shouta however was very well aware of his lying habits with injuries after he handed him his coffee with a large burn across his hand that he had attempted to brush off as nothing serious. he entered the main school building and went up a flight of stairs, after a few turns and hallways he was in front of the infirmary (once again with a massive door) he took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The door creaked open "Hello dear, I'm guessing you've just came from the USJ, come on in." came the lady's sweet old voice, Izuku stepped into the infirmary fully and closed the door behind him "I'm mostly fine ma'am other than a few scrapes and bruises, they told me to come down here since it was mandatory after an attack like this." Izuku explained to her, clenching his teeth between words to prevent himself from wincing as he felt one of his ribs move around inside of him "well that's easily fixed sonny." she proclaimed as she used her quirk on him, Izuku felt his broken ribs and his shattered arm repairing themselves just shy of completely and sighed in both relief and exhaustion "You should go home and get some rest, my quirk uses energy so between that and the attack you're probably exhausted. There'll probably be questioning from the police in the next couple of days so you'll need all the rest you can get." recovery girl explained as she opened up a jar on her desk, retrieving a handful of fruit gummies "take these with you, they should help." she explained as she pushed them into izuku's hand "Thank you recovery girl," Izuku called out with a tired yawn as he left the room, his steps wobbly and uncoordinated as he fought to keep his eyes open until he got home.

Recovery girl opened up her computer and began searching through the student database until she found him "Izuni... no last name given." she mumbled to herself as she read his file, the boy was becoming more and more suspicious the more she looked, no previous school records, no last name and hiding injuries from staff. She couldn't exactly tell the real extent of the injuries but she could tell that her quirk had done a lot more work than a couple of scrapes and bruises. 'What is that boy up to?' she wondered to herself 'hopefully my quirk healed most of his injuries, I did as much as I really could without killing him.'