Ch33- Quirkless

[word count (including this + authors note):2963]

3rd person POV

Izuku was tired. Like very tired. Between working at the cafe through the day, running over to UA- well more like sprinting over to UA having recovery girl insist on healing him and then running back. He was about dead on his feet. And what better a thing to do when you're about dead on your feet than to go out and run around some more while apprehending criminals without a license?

Just him?

Well that's what he decided to do and will continue to do, as he always does, and it's why he was currently sitting up on a rooftop as usual with hawks and Aizawa to either side of him as they usually did when the streets were quiet. Their conversations on these rooftops would usually take one of two paths: either hounding Izuku for his identity or Hawks going on and on about something that happened at his agency earlier on that he thinks is extremely interesting but neither of the other two really do. However today had been a little different, mainly being about yesterday's rescue and how Eri was doing, though they decided to avoid bringing up the bloodshed from the night.

It had been decided by the hero commission that Aizawa was the best choice for taking care of her, he had an emergency foster license and was able to erase her quirk should it get too out of control. Izuku was listening intently to Aizawa describing the girl's face when she first tried the candy apples that his partner (the identity of whom Izuku had no idea about. obviously) had made. He was glad that she was in good hands now, she'd get the childhood she deserved not one full of bloodshed and torturous medical testing. Izuku was honestly kind of  glad he did what he had to overhaul, it still shook him that he'd reverted to such... unsavoury methods but for how the bastard had treated Eri, he was lucky to still be alive.

Hawks began to join in on the conversation more and slowly Izuku was able to say less and less until he managed to duck out of it completely. He pulled out his homemade police scanner again, having recently decided to fit it with the necessary tech to tap into the actual hero and police lines in an intense 3am hyperfixation after his patrol. Both because the feature was useful and to shove it in Shouta's face that he didn't need their fancy pants government provided technology.

Tuning in on the hero lines, it was mostly just blank static as he calibrated it to pick up on different frequencies until he found one that sounded like there was another human being on the other end. A raspy voice came through the speaker " city _____, dangerous villain attacking requesting back up repeat requesting back up in city ______. Coordinates ________" The presumably hero relayed "the villain has a copy quirk of sorts, requesting assistance to city ______, coordinates _________ asap"

Izuku looked up to his two hero.. friends? Colleagues? Parental figures? Enemies? Whatever they were, both nodding at him before starting their five minute journey to the next city along where the hero had requested assistance. Izuku hopped from rooftop to rooftop with the heroes close behind him, leaving barely visible footprints on the roof tiles from where he'd taken off after stepping in a puddle earlier on. Soon approaching the area in which the attack was pinpointed at and seeing presumably the hero whom had made the call slumped against the wall in a pool of blood, attempting to drag his limp body to the side and out of harms way. The villain, in what seemed to be an entirely impractical shimmering purple bodysuit, was standing idly by a little further off, laughing as he watched the hero struggle.

Hawks immediately swept down and grabbed the wounded hero in his arms, flying him up to the rooftop where they'd been observing before. As hawks patched the hero up, he managed to give them a quick brief on what had gone on so far. The hero infact had a rather powerful atom control quirk that came in pretty handy as a hero. Turns out it was also pretty handy for the villain who used it to rip open his chest mid fight. "It's limited though, came in and touched me again after 'bout a minute. Think that's when it ran out." The hero got out between coughs, most of which bringing up a mix of blood, bile and stomach acid that dripped down his face and to the concrete floor. "You guys deal with him." Hawks yelled out to the other two as he grabbed his fallen comrade and flew off to attend to his major injuries, leaving Aizawa and Izuku to deal with the villain who was stood smirking in amusement.