Ch18- Izuku hates socialising.

[word count (including this + authors note):2022]

3rd person POV

1 month later

Now once again Izuku stood in front of the UA entrance gates with an agonised look on his face. He was going to have to do the thing he'd been avoiding for the majority of his life. Socialise. Unfortunately for Izuku the month had flown by between receiving his acceptance letter and starting school. He had a plain black backpack on his back with the essentials and was wearing the full uniform, though he was constantly messing around with the tie, he found it uncomfortable since he hadn't worn one even once in his life before that. It'd taken him about ten replays of a tutorial video to even manage to get it tied half decent and about twenty more to get it to where it was now and even then it was still sloppy.

Sighing overly dramatically to no one in particular, Izuku stepped through the open gates with his head down at the ground. If his short time at school after being diagnosed as quirkless taught him anything it was to keep to himself and avoid others or there'd be consequences. He kept his back hunched and averted his eyes away from everyone around him, swiftly making his way to his classroom without catching anyone's attention 'thank the lord I'm a vigilante' Izuku thought to himself, thankful for his acquired stealth as he approached the door to class 1a without drawing any kind of attention.

He looked up at the tall door in front of him 'isn't the size a bit overkill?' He thought to himself 'I mean sure some people with mutant quirks might require that but, that tall? Really? Quirks really are interesting things aren't they?' Taking a deep breath, Izuku pushed open the door and entered the classroom.

Inside only three students were there so far, he had come in a bit early to avoid as many people as possible. To be honest most people had came early like him but instead opted to wait outside *shudder* socialising rather than sitting in the classroom. One of the students inside, was the loud examinee, one was a quiet looking boy with bi-coloured hair and the last was the spiky blonde haired boy that he had seen before. He wasn't exactly sure who he was, he did however know for a fact he recognised him, more than likely from before he was kicked out on the streets.

The blonde's crimson eyes widened in vague recognition when they fell on Izuku for a good few seconds before he looked away staring down at his desk. Izuku caught a slight shake of the head from the blonde, maybe he recognised him too? That would definitely cause him some major issues.

Bakugou could feel the boy's eyes on him, the quizzical look indicating he was wondering about his actions "You kinda look like someone I used to know is all." He said in a flat tone keeping his eyes on his desk. He didn't want to speak to someone who was practically... his... look alike, he already felt guilty enough about him moving away as it was. "I'd finally gone and forgotten about stupid deku but then some random guy who's basically his twin shows up to remind me? Tch" Bakugou muttered to himself quietly enough for no one else to hear.

After bakugou had given his explanation, Izuku looked up at the seating chart on the board in front of him finding his desk and plopping himself down in the chair to wait for his fellow classmates. Taking notice that the boy's name was bakugou Katsuki, the name definitely did seem familiar though he still didn't know how or why. How strange.

Little by little, people began to trickle in, taking their assigned seats and some began to speak to each other. They were already making their friendship circles, 'wow.' Was all Izuku could think, he was dumbstruck as he watched these people converse so easily 'If only they could teach me their ways...' he thought wistfully until he was interrupted by the loud examinee marching over to him to ruin his peace.