Ch37- The interrogation

[word count (including this + authors note):1761]

3rd person POV

Izuku shot up abruptly from his slumber, his eyes immediately scouring the area around him as his half awake brain tried its best to make sense of his situation. 'Oh they found me.' Izuku's brain finally supplied as he found himself to be sitting in the back of what was most likely a police car judging from the sirens he could hear around him.

Of course they'd found him. He hadn't been careful enough. He couldn't do anything right. He couldn't even run away properly for gods sake. Why did he have to he so useless? He was causing problems again. He was causing problems for them. He was messing everything up for them. They're going to be mad. They're going to be mad. They're going to be mad. T h e y ' r e g o i n g t o b e m a d. T h e y r e g o i n g t o b e m a d.

Izuku was abruptly pulled out of the car and his panic attack all at once as they arrived at the station. The officer that had grabbed him from the car keeping a firm grip on his shoulders as he walked him towards the entrance. Izuku couldn't quite tell whether that was just to keep him from running or to stop him from toppling over with the state he was in. The officer marched him in through the reinforced doors of the station, past the front desk and straight down into an interrogation room.

The room was completely empty other than the two chairs stood opposite each other, the low desk between them and the clock on the wall. The officer then plopped Izuku down on one of the two chairs, taking a pair of handcuffs from his belt and attaching izuku's arm to the chair using the hooks that had been built into it.

Once Izuku was properly secured, the officer left the room leaving Izuku alone in the small space. He sat there obediently in silence, waiting for whom or whatever was to decide his fate to show up.

About 2 minutes later, the only door to the room opened once again, with detective tsukauchi entering the room holding a case file and a pen. The door swung closed behind the detective as he went and sat himself down in the chair opposite Izuku. "Hello Izuni, before we begin with this police interrogation I am legally obliged to tell you a couple of things. First is that this conversation is being recorded and may be used as evidence should the court be involved in this case. And the second is that my quirk is called human lie detector, I am able to tell whether or not what you are saying is true or not so I do ask that you avoid telling lies during this interview and suggest you just stick with the truth." The detective explained, Izuku nodding in response.

"Ok then we're all ready to start. I'll get straight to the point here ok?" Tsukauchi started "Are you Izuku Midoriya?" He asked "No." Izuku responded blankly, his eyes seeming strangely fuzzy. "So Izuni right?" The detective asked, seeming a bit disgruntled "Correct." Izuku responded reluctantly. The detective jotted something down in the file before continuing with the questioning "well do you think you could explain to me what exactly happened in relation to the scars that recovery girl discovered 5 days ago in the infirmary?" The detective asked. Izuku paused for a moment before responding.

"My parents weren't exactly 'full of joy' when I was diagnosed as quirkless. They often became violent and often times it resulted in, well..." he trailed off as he gestured to his body with tears welling in his eyes to really seal the deal. The detective nodded and again scribbled something down in his file as he continued on.

"What have you been doing for the past five days that you've been missing?" The detective questioned "Wandering." Izuku responded, the detective raised his eyebrow at that one but let it slide, making another note.

"what exactly happened that led to you your current living situation?" Tsukauchi asked with his pen at the ready "Oh natalie found me on the street, she invited me to her cafe for food and I asked her if she'd be willing to hire me. Once she knew I had no home she offered me the apartment above the cafe." Izukuu responded simply. "You do know that she could be arrested for that Izuni? You know full well she should've alerted child services after finding you." Tsukauchi continued. "I asked her not to. The foster care system isn't kind to the quirkless detective. If you look at the statistics not one quirkless kid that's gone in has actually made it back out alive. You'd be insane to expect me to walk into a system that I wouldn't end up coming out of." He answered looking down at the ground, fiddling with his thumbs.