Ch9- coffee shop

[word count (including this + authors note):2047]

3rd person POV

Izuku pulled his work uniform from with cupboard, the white shirt, the brown trousers and the thin, black ribbon like neck tie. He was all set for work. Going into the bathroom, he quickly brushed his teeth and brushed his products through his hair in an attempt to tame it. His hair had unfortunately for him not agreed with his attempts to smooth it out, opting to stay in its natural messy state instead. Izuku then returned to his bedroom defeated, slipping on a pair of black socks and his shoes as he submitted the middle school work and part of the work he had already done. Once he'd clicked submit, Izuku made his way down into the cafe to prepare the space for customers.

Izuku went from table to table placing the decor on them with packets of sugar and extra milk for the coffees and teas along with napkins and a few pieces of cutlery for those who ordered their pastries. He turned on the coffee machine and let it heat up and then scrubbed then properly sanitised the display case for the baked goods. Making room for the creation he was about to create. He turned up the oven's temperature and let it begin to heat up, he then began his deliberation of a very important question...

What should he bake?

Cookies, cupcakes, croissants, donuts the possibilities were practically endless. What should he do? He stood muttering to himself for around five whole minutes before actually coming to a descision. He whipped up the mix and put in the oven on a tray. Half an hour or so later
(A/N:idk how long they take to bake tbh) Izuku had freshly baked cinnamon rolls sitting on the cooling rack. Smiling slightly at his creation, Izuku began to make the icing for the rolls when Natalie walked in, throwing up her hands with an exasperated expression.

"Izuku what do I keep telling you about coming in early?" She told him, attempting to sound stern but failing thanks to exhaustion making the words sound slightly slurred, Natalie was in no way a morning person. Izuku simply grinned fondly at the woman who was the closest thing to a mother figure he had " I mean it Izu! If you don't stop this I'll have to end up putting a lock on that door until I come in!" She told him. Izuku rolled his eyes as he iced the cinnamon rolls before placing them decoratively inside of their display case. He kept one in his hand which he handed over to Natalie, thinking this'd get her off his case.

Natalie glares slightly at Izuku before snatching the baked treat "I'm going to take this because it is absolutely godly but you are not off the hook young man." She told him sternly as she took a bite out of the pleasantly warm pastry, Izuku groaned as she pulled him over to a table and began to argue with him over his hours. After around ten minutes they had finally come to an agreement, Natalie had realised she had no way of preventing Izuku from working early and instead had managed to have him accept payment for the extra hours. By then the time had ticked away to about 7:00.

Natalie got to work opening up the shop and Izuku went into the back and began prepping everything for aizawa's coffee, beginning to create the brew at around 7:15. By the time Aizawa had trudged into the shop at 7:25, his coffee was sitting on the counter for him. Natalie had went into the store cupboard to refill the sugar and Izuku was still in the back so Aizawa left the money on the counter for them before wandering off to his usual table. It may seem strange, but Aizawa thought of Izuku almost like he was his own nephew, they'd known each other since Izuku first came to work here last year and Natalie was almost like a sister to him at times.

When Izuku came out from the back to take a customer's order, Aizawa gestured for him to come over once he was finished. Izuku nods over at the hero and quickly makes up the customer's order, passing it over to them in exchange for the coins in their hand. Izuku then went over and sat at aizawa's table "Did you need something Mr Aizawa?" He asked. " Kid enough with the formalities we've known each other for about a year now Shota's fine." The sleepy hero told him "And not particularly, just got some new info on nightfall the vigilante." Izuku feigned ignorance and showed a look of pure curiosity on his face as Aizawa explained the night's events. "What happened to the kid?" Izuku asked the hero "Oh she's living with a kind family they found for her in the foster care system," Aizawa reassured the worried teen with a slight hint of a warm smile.