Ch42 - The internships: p1 arrival

[word count (including this + authors note):2159]

(A/N: I couldn't really find a way to write it in properly but the day after the last chapter Izuku manages to plant the tracking device on iida's hero costume during their heroics lesson, I figured it'd be better to just slip it in here than to add an entire chapter just to get that information across.)

3rd person POV

time skip to the first day of the internships :D

Izuku shifted around uncomfortably in his seat as he kept his eyes glued to the floor beneath his feet, he felt like he was kind of imposing by being here, despite the fact that he'd been forced to accept this internship in the first place. Shinsou sat to his right, feeling  just as awkward about the situation as he stared out of the train window, watching the trees and buildings that rushed by them as the train sped along the tracks. Aizawa sat just in front of them, sorting through the paperwork that needed to be completed for the internship, ensuring that everything was in order and signed off on for the internship to actually commence.

Aizawa gave the papers one last glance before packing them away into his bag and turning himself to face his two students or well interns for the next week "Ok you two, you should already know the deal with most of this since we've went over it in homeroom several times but just to reiterate. You are to stick with me at all times unless I instruct you otherwise, you are not permitted to use your quirks or weapons unless instructed to do so by me." Aizawa told them, looking directly at Izuni as he added the last part when he saw the boy begin to open his mouth to argue the point "And finally you are not to engage unless I give you permission to do so or your life is at immediate risk. Do I make myself clear?" he asked, the two boys nodding at him firmly in response. "Ok good, our stop's coming up soon. We'll stop at the accommodation and get unpacked, I'll alert the heroes around the Hosu area that we've got interns running around and we should leave out to patrol at around eight. We'll be sticking to just the patrol for tonight so you can get a bit of a taster for your first day but believe me we'll be training you both to the bone tomorrow so enjoy today while you can." Aizawa informed them before turning back in his seat, his head hitting the back with an audible thud as he passed out soundly.

izuku and shinsou both gulped audibly and shared a look at this, sending them both into giggling fits as the train continued on.

Shinsou pulled out his phone to scroll absentmindedly on while Izuku grabbed a book from his bag, he opened it up to a random page and stared down at the lines of words on the page.

He couldn't concentrate at all. His mind forever jumping back to the unfairness of this whole situation, he could be out with hawks right now having the time of his life but instead he was sitting on a train pretending to read so he didn't look like a lunatic staring off into nothingness. Granted it'd probably be a challenge to keep his cover while interning with Hawks but it couldn't be any harder than interning with Eraser who was actively looking to prove that he was nightfall. 'luck never is on my side is it?' Izuku thought to himself miserably as he mentally prepared himself for the week ahead of him.

Izuku couldn't tell how long had passed before the train reached their stop but it had, Aizawa had noticed his inattention and so had taken the opportunity to flick him on the forehead to break him from his trance, Izuku's head immediately shot up with the motion, whipping around in confusion as he looked for the perpetrator. Aizawa was staring over at him smugly and Izuku's mouth fell open as he feigned disbelief "How could you do this to me Shouta?" he asked with a pout "Well if you'd been paying attention I wouldn't have had to, this is our stop coming up now so grab your stuff." He told him as he gathered his own things together.