Ch8- Nightfall

[word count (including this + authors note):3278]

3rd person POV

Izuku was wearing quite a lot of gear considering he couldn't exactly buy it from mechanics. Support items that are actually useful in the field are often labelled as being for heroes. Regular civilians can't access technology like this as it seems just a little suspicious, I mean what use would a regular civilian have for a hero grade gear? Most would assume they were using it for vigilantism like the majority of them probably would be and they would have a close eye kept on their activity for a while. However, Izuku actually made all of his gear himself, he already had the blueprints he'd been making those for years now, he'd managed to recreate the majority of his old ones from his memory, filling in any gaps as he went and had even begun making more when he secured his job at the cafe. The materials for his support items came from dagobah beach, where people tended to dump things like old computers and other trash. The currents would bring stuff in from the waters and people used this as a chance to illegally dump waste. It was disgusting.

Izuku had taken up the task of cleaning the beach from time to time, mainly just as a way to service the community though it was kind of like an extra work out for him too, he'd gotten through around half of the whole beach so far. While cleaning, Izuku would keep his eye out for useful things which he later used to make his equipment, it's not like anybody else was planning on using it so why not?

As he was leaping out of the window of his apartment, Izuku pulled a grapple gun from his utility belt, aiming and shooting it at the next building on his right. The hook jammed its way into the wall's exterior, checking it was fully secured with an experimental tug, Izuku retracted the gun pulling him towards the building to where the hook had landed. He climbed up the rest of the wall until he reached the roof, grinning widely under his mask. It had taken him around two weeks to get the thing working and around two full days of practice in an alley before he was able to even begin moving around properly with it.

He put the grappling gun back into his belt, deciding it'd be quicker to keep moving without using it since he wasn't used to it yet. The gun was also made primarily for emergencies such as you know if he ended up somehow 'falling' from a skyscraper, since it was homemade it wasn't as reliable as a proper one though that didn't mean he couldn't mess around with it from time to time. I mean can you blame him? It's a fricken grapple gun! Who wouldn't want to try swinging around like Tarzan from time to time?

Suddenly, Izuku managed to pick up the sound of a hushed conversation in the tranquil silence of the night. He swiftly and quietly made his way over to the source, finding what looked like a drug deal going on. 'Looks like two men selling and one buying,' Izuku muttered to himself. The buyer looked guilty and was slightly shaking as he discussed the price with the men. Thankfully, the two were in a rather well lit area and so Izuku took out a pair of glasses and put them on, clicking the small button on the side to activate the reading mode he had added to them. This mode showed the quirk of any person in his field of vision by scanning their face or body (whichever was most visible) and matching it to the government's database. If they weren't there, the gadget would search through security tapes etc until they were identified though this would only show him the footage, he'd have to guess the quirk himself.

Of course, his glasses couldn't always be 100% accurate, sometimes certain lighting would affect the camera, causing the face to appear differently. Darkness was the main issue as they needed a clear look at the person's face to accurately identify them.

Looking at the sellers' quirks displayed in front of his eyes, Izuku chose his course of action. The first could create certain weapons using the carbon found in the air though his body converting the carbon into other atoms and extracting enough to create what he wanted took a lot of energy so he had a limit on it. The second's ability, was called blackout curtain, they could pretty much create curtains but they weren't ordinary curtains, they completely blended in with the environment around them so no one could even tell they were there. Blackout curtain, had no real drawbacks other than that they did have to have something to hang onto (e.g. the two walls of an alleyway) and they couldn't work from above since they were still curtains that obeyed the laws of gravity. 'Quite useful for illegal activity,' Izuku thought to himself. The man buying the drugs had a minor pyrokinetic ability that would be no help in this situation. It was about as useful as a small lighter for this situation.