Ch7- ✨flashback✨

!TW!

[word count (including this + authors note):1977]

3rd person POV

Izuku was stood perched on an apartment complex in the sweet silence of night time, listening and watching out for those who are in need of help. Tonight had been quite slow, the only things he had done was to help a child finding their mother, helping up an old woman who had fallen and other small tasks like this. Things like this were the reasons locals adored him and refused to snitch on him to the police (other than necessary information) as heroes were usually too concerned with villains to help the public in other ways. He had however prevented a suicide earlier that night.

It was a young girl stood on the edge of a rooftop, she had tears and blood streaming down her face as she leapt forward with her eyes clenched shut and threw herself off of the building. Izuku jumped from the building he was on, snatching the girl out of mid air and landing lightly on the ground below with a roll to flatten out the impact. The girl's eyes fluttered open, she looked up at the vigilante holding her and began to cry much harder than before "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE!" she screamed, seemingly to the vigilante but she was glaring up at the sky as she said this "why?.." she mumbled less angry but more sad now. Izuku stroked the girl's hair softly and pulled her close, muffling her cries as she hugged the boy back.

After a couple of minutes, the girl had calmed down a bit more and Izuku released her from the hug. "What's your name?" He whispered to her gently,
"A-Aiko." The girl stuttered out, her voice still a bit wobbly from all of her crying. Izuku sat her down in a nearby park on the swing set and just sat and spoke with her for the next hour and a half. She told him of her worries, from her fear of the dark to her neglectful parents. Izuku just sat there, responding when necessary and just listening to what the girl had to say. It made him bubble with rage internally as the girl was only seven, no kid should want to die let alone a seven year old. He knew that what she really needed was not just a person to confide in but she needed someone to protect her, someone to save her. luckily for her Izuku has always promised to protect those around him. It was his purpose.

After the girl had finished with a wobbly smile on her face and her shirt collar slightly damp with tears, Izuku scribbled out a note for the police and dropped her off outside of the station, he turned to the girl, crouching down to her level as he spoke "Just go inside and they'll take good care of you ok? No one's going to hurt you anymore, I promise," he told her as he ruffled her hair. One second he was stood holding her hand with gentle care, the next he had disappeared into the night leaving a crumpled note in his hand's place.

Izuku to himself as he thought of the girl's bright smile when he'd offered her a piggy back ride from him on the way to the station, the thoughts of her giggles and shrieks of joy as they leapt and ran warming his heart. Izuku's head suddenly jerked to the side as he heard a scream, pulling him out of the past and back to the present. He quickly took out his grappling hook as he began shooting from building to building, until he reached the source, seeing a woman attempting to shield a young boy who appeared to be her son from two attackers go had them cornered in an alleyway. "Just hand over the purse and no one get hurt eh?" Came the voice of one of the muggers. The woman shook her head fiercely, looking around herself for an escape route when a third man came out from behind her and snatched away the boy. The woman screamed in protest until she was punched in the face by one of the original two attackers, leaving her barely conscious.

Izuku saw this, 'strength enhancing quirk, his could be to do with his eye colour and his could be a mental one or none at all' he thought to himself, this was enough information for him to make his move. He swung down and jumped infront of the woman, pulling her out of the way of the assailants. "What're you doing here kid? Get out of our way or you'll get hurt too." The first man stated, his eyes were glowing, one green and one amber, Izuku soon discovered what his quirk was when he was suddenly falling to the floor paralysed. The men all apparently had knives on them, seemingly incase their quirks failed them, pretty smart compared to some of the morons he'd fought in the past who relied solely on their quirks for combat. Good for them... but not so good for Izuku.