Ch40- surveillance

[word count (including this + authors note):2096]

(A/N: this took way longer to come out than it should've- beware of spelling and grammar mistakes I wanted to get this out quite quickly with how long it's been since the last update 😭 If you spot any pls do let me know :D)

3rd person POV

Aizawa immediately pulled out his work phone and called Hizashi "SHO?! ARE YOU OK YOU NEVER CALL WHILE YOU'RE AT WORK DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?!" Aizawa held his phone away from his ear as his loud husband yelled into the phone with his quirk active, damning whoever made it so his quirk couldn't work over the phone to protect his precious hearing. "No Zashi I'm fine, don't worry I just need you to check if Izuni's still in his room real quick." He requested as he moved the phone back over to his ear "On it!" Hizashi responded, footsteps becoming audible over the phone as he made his way over to the guest room, knocking on the door as he arrived.

"Come in!" Came a voice from inside, hizashi opened the door to find him lying on top of the bed scrolling through his phone "Did you need me for something?" The boy asked with a smile "Oh no listener! just checking in to make sure you're ok is all!" Hizashi responded "Oh ok well I'm all good!"He told him with a chuckle and a thumbs up. Hizashi nodded and sent him a wave as he left the room, closing the door behind him "Yep still there." He spoke into the phone. Aizawa went silent for a moment before responding "Ok thanks, could you check back in on him in a couple of hours just in case?" He asked "Indeed I can!" Hizashi answered.

"Thanks Zashi." He spoke into the phone with a smile "No problem Sho. Stay safe and I'll see you later."
"See you" aizawa responded as he ended the call, holding his face in his hands, dragging them down and tugging at his cheeks until his arms fell back to his side. He took a deep breath before swinging over to join the vigilante and the feathered hero.

"Hey Eraser! Me and Nighty are playing tic tac toe if you wanna join us!" Hawks called out to him as he landed on the rooftop, the vigilante sending a wave his way, "Hawks I swear to god if you don't stop playing games with nightfall EVERY time we patrol I'm going to have to report you to your agency." Aizawa responded pinching his nose "You're no fun Eraser! It's not like we've got much to do around here." Hawks called back, cursing as he lost another game. Surprisingly he wasn't wrong, there wasn't much that really went down in this area anymore, it was just turning into their meeting point by now, they'd usually end up going off to patrol further areas once they'd all shown up. "Let's just get going." Aizawa grumbled as he grabbed his capture weapon and began to swing away. The other two followed after collecting up the mix of random napkins and receipts that they'd been playing on to dispose of later.

They all soon came to a halt on a rooftop above a dingy alley, a fight had broken out below between four people from the bar just across the road, from the staggering movements and slowed reactions you could easily tell they were drunk. Izuku made quick eye contact with the two heroes, pointing to himself as the two nodded in understanding. Izuku then jumped from the roof down into the centre of the altercation.

"Hey! hey! Break it up!" He yelled out as he pushed them away from each other "Stop sticking y' nose in other people's business kid and get lost." Came one of them as she threw herself at him. Izuku sighed as he dodged around her shaky form and went up behind her, hitting the pressure point on her neck to lay her out cold "Now are you three going to calm down too or do you need to join her?" He asked as he laid her down on the damp concrete ground.

The other three left the alley reluctantly as Izuku called the police to let them know of the fourth's  whereabouts before clambering back up into the rooftop where the two pros were waiting for him. "That makes 364 drunk fights I've broken up in the past three months. 364! In THREE months!" Izuku complained with exasperation "People really do need to drink more responsibly." Aizawa muttered, izuku nodded in agreement as hawks sat checking his scanner for any alerts for them to respond to.