026.

It felt like the longest walk to the cafeteria since she had nobody to talk to. She's been in her head for these past few days, stuck and confused behind the bomb her parents just dropped and the loss of her cousin. She got upset with them and instantly regretted the way she handled it.

Santana felt she should have been taking her anger out on her birth mother rather than the individuals that raised her. It wasn't her fault yet deep down inside, she felt a lot of anxiety and heartache.

"You good?" She heard a voice from behind.

Rashawn was trying to catch up with her, she seemed to have a lot of pep in her step.

"I'm fine," she breathed from her nose and tried to hold back her tears.

"I know that's a lie," he pressed his lips together and continued to look down at her. He was reading her body language and for the first time he's seen Santana with a low spirit. He wanted to be a friend to her cause he could tell right now, she needed that.

"Well, I'm not," she shook her head, her nostrils burning as water began to flood her eyelids. "I'm not fine, and I wanna be but what's the point in trying,"

They continued walking to the cafeteria. Santana wiping her eyes before a tear could fall and Rashawn couldn't take his eyes off her.

"How 'bout we sit together, I know your friend ain't here and I'll keep you company and if you want, you can tell me what's going on. I just ain't ever seen you down before,"

Santana didn't really have much to say, she just continued counting her steps until she got to a table she felt comfortable sitting at.

"You not gone eat?" Rashawn raised an eyebrow. "Now you really tripping"

"Just not hungry," Santana shrugged her shoulders and removed her backpack as she sat down.

Rashawn felt it in himself it wasn't worth saying anything back to that. When he's in a bad mood he doesn't even like to be bothered so he values Santana putting up with him even in the slightest.

"I just found out I was adopted, I went off on my parents when they didn't even deserve it. My world has just been flipped upside down. It was just a shock to me, I didn't know how to react," Santana took a deep sigh, she wasn't really the type to open up but she felt comfortable talking to Rashawn. She felt he wasn't gonna judge anything she said.

"Oh," he gritted his teeth. "Your reaction isn't out of the ordinary. I guess they didn't think you would ever find out. I can't tell you how to feel though, nobody can"

"If it makes you feel any better, from what I can see they're good to you. And you got blessed with them cause maybe your biological family wasn't shit. You could've been stuck with two miserable mothafuckas' like me," He attempted to comfort Santana with his words.

Santana agreed in her head. It isn't an everyday thing, finding out that the people you thought were your parents weren't but it made it all better because like Rashawn said, she was fortunate to have two individuals that actually wanted children.

"What you doing after school?" Rashawn asked. "I'm sure you don't wanna spend the rest of your day in yo' feelings,"

"Don't have anything planned, I'll probably take a nap," Santana shrugged and took a deep sigh.

"That's lame," Rashawn chuckled and leaned into the table and made eye contact with Santana. "Hang out with me for the day, we can watch a movie and get food. Something ta' lift yo' spirits up,"

"You know I got a boyfriend right?" Santana shook her head. "I can just do that with him,"

"See, with me it'll be better though," Rashawn pressed his lips together and kept his gaze on Santana, she had no choice but to look away.