009.

"One, two, three, and to the fo'," James started rapping the song

"Snoop Doggy dog and Dr. Dre is at the do'," Santana went on and they continued to rap along to the old 90's joint.

It was one of their favorite songs, James used to play it so much around the house Santana had it memorized at five.

They just ended their daddy-daughter day by heading to the mall, where James spoiled her with new clothes and shoes. She was working hard and doing her best in school so he felt like
rewarding her today.

All he wanted in return was for her to stay on the right path.

James pulled into a house that wasn't there's. Santana was exhausted and looked at him with confusion, thinking they were going home.

"This is our last stop," he said to her and she just let out a deep sigh.

"It's been the last stop for the past hour daddy," she groaned, slapping her head against the window.

"Your grandmother wants to see you," he told her, turning the car off, and opened his door.

She barely got to see any of her dad's side of the family. Truth was she didn't really like any of them. His youngest sister was just nasty to her, didn't even want to look at her when Santana did nothing wrong.

James was always too busy to bring her around his family to begin with. He was always working and when he did bring her around it was for holidays or funerals.

Santana gave herself the talk before getting out of the car. She had to pump her own head up with confidence cause she knew someone there would piss her off. She was old enough to speak her mind now.

She followed behind her father, who had the key to the house. He walked in and the lights were on.  Utensils being scrapped across plates could be heard in the dining room.

"Oh, my sweet baby James," his mother, Mary got up from knitting, holding his face in her hands. She then pulled him into a hug. "And you brought Santana? She has gotten so beautiful,"

"You look just like your mother," she smiled wide and Santana nodded awkwardly, giving her a soft smile.

"Thank you,"

"Have y'all ate, I just finished cooking dinner," she said moving back to her seat, grabbing her things to continue knitting.

"We ate mama, where's Sasha and Vanessa?" He asked pulling up a seat next to her.

Santana rolled her eyes, she was ready to go home. She had school in the morning and they'd been out all day. It wasn't that she didn't want to be around her grandmother or her family in general, she was just a teen who wanted things to go at her pace.

"They should be home any minute, sent them out to get sugar and them heffas never came back," she shook her head. "I'm glad you two decided to stop by, it was really nice to see you Santana,"