028.

"I think we should just make tacos, quick and easy," Santana shrugged, scanning through all the meat in the grocery store

"Whatever you want babygirl. Did you want steak tacos or chicken?" Colbie said resting his arms on the handle of the shopping cart.

"Hmm," Santana pondered. "Birria tacos sound like the move, I can't lie,"

"You said quick and easy," Colbie chuckled, taking a deep sigh. "And I don't know if I can actually pull that off. We can find a restaurant that makes them if you want em' that bad,"

"Maybe another time, we're already at the grocery store. I'm fine with steak tacos, what about you?" Santana twisted her lips, grabbing a pack of Ribeye Steaks.

"Steak gone do it every time," he spoke firmly, knowing exactly what he wanted. "I can't fuck with chicken tacos, just don't hit the same,"

"As long as it's cooked right, I don't care," Santana smiled.

They walked all around the store until every item they needed for tonight's meal was in the cart. As they got closer to the register, Santana walked off to grab a bag of Takis and a water for herself.

"Didn't think I'd see you here," she heard a chuckle from beside her.

"I know you ain't stalking me," Santana shook her head already knowing who it was. It was the cologne that gave it away before he even said a word.

"Stalking? We're in a grocery store, niggas can't even go get food for the house no more," Rashawn sucked his teeth and shook his head.

"Nah, you can't. Especially when I'm here," she laughed.

"Ain't nobody worried about you," he looked down at her, the two of them making eye contact. "Maybe a little bit,"

"No need in worrying about me, I'm good love,"

"You could be great but you settling," Rashawn smirked, keeping his eyes on Santana.

"Why not just flirt with people that are single like you?" Santana rolled her eyes. "You'd probably have more luck,"

"Honestly," he took a deep breath. "It's not as exciting,"

Santana just squinted her eyes at him and moved her attention towards finding Colbie. When she had spotted him, she had noticed he was talking to a tall blonde girl.

"And he already fucking up, snow bunnies are bad for business," Rashawn gritted his teeth.

Santana walked away, not even trying to entertain Rashawn's antics. She didn't want to assume anything.

As she walked over to the self checkout, the two of them were still talking.

"Hey baby," Colbie smiled looking over at Santana as she approached the scanner with her stuff, swiping the barcode against it.

"Hey," she breathed out. "Who is this?"

"Awe, this is Lauren. We got a couple classes together. Lauren, this is my girlfriend Santana" He explained, but Santana felt he wasn't giving her everything. She felt there was more but also didn't think it'd be a good idea to let her feelings get involved. She knew better than anyone that she could overthink a situation.

"It's nice to meet you, he talks about you all the time," she smiled at Santana but it wasn't reciprocated.

All the time? Why is he even talking about me to another girl?

"Oh yeah?" Santana looked at them both. "Good to know,"

"I should probably get going but Colbie feel free to let me know when you're free for our project," she waved and walked away.

"What project do y'all have to do?" Santana said finishing up the process with the groceries.

"Here's my card," he said handing it over to her. "And it's a group project for our Philosophy class,"

"Oh okay," Santana nodded her head, not giving it any more thought. "I'm ready to eat these tacos,"

"Who you telling,"

They made their way out of the store, walking toward Colbie's car. Santana was ready to just lay down and spend the rest of her night watching 'You'. She had been hearing about it and wanted to see what the hype was about.

After getting the groceries in the car, they made their way to Santana's house. She leaned her head against the window.

Her phone started ringing and she just took a deep sigh. Looking down at her phone she saw it was Niecey calling.

"Hello?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Where you at?"

"On the way home, why? Everything okay?" Santana feeling a turn in her stomach.

"I just need someone to talk to. I think I fucked up Santana," Niecey placed her long acrylic nail in between her teeth.

"Okay, I'm getting scared. What's going on?" Santana raised up.

"I've been missing school because I've been sick. But I just left the doctor, they ran some tests, and I'm pregnant," Niecey felt her heart fall into the soles of her feet. "What am I gonna do with a baby? I'm only 17,"

Santana took a minute to process what she just heard. A part of her was excited for her friend but knowing Niecey wasn't feeling that way, she knew she had to just be there for her friend.

"What are you thinking about? Have you talked to Carlos?"

"He took me but I didn't tell him about the pregnancy yet, should I?" Niecey just felt her stomach tie up in knots. "I'm scared,"

"It's nothing I've ever experienced so I'm not sure how I can comfort you right now but I'm here to support whatever decision you make. And I think the best thing to do is talk about it with him. It's only right and plus you never know how he may feel about it. It's your body at the end of the day but he deserves to know,"

"Okay, I will," Niecey felt herself about to cry. "Thank you, I knew I made the right choice calling you. I don't know what I'd do without you,"

"Of course, I'm here for you! Let me know how things go with Carlos. I'm sure you'll feel a whole lot better afterwards,"

I'm trying to get back to putting out these updates, it's just been so long since I wrote consistently so I gotta motivate myself. I be getting discouraged when there's hardly any comments, I just wanna make sure y'all like the story! I may have to drop a couple short chapters to get back on track! I'll see y'all in the next drop! Follow @queenofalkhemi to keep up with my updates and other stories