012.

Santana's eyes bolted open, her parents arguing always seemed to startle her

Santana's eyes bolted open, her parents arguing always seemed to startle her. It wasn't calm and debatable they were always at each other's throats. Sapphire wasn't a huge fan of the way James handled the situation but he was upset and felt that he had every right to be hard on her.

It seemed like they were too nice and she would just walk over them when she felt like it. But Santana barely got into trouble, she did everything she was supposed to do. Who knew a sneaky lie would be blown out of proportion.

She blew out a whiff of air from her nostrils and her head sunk into the pillow. Her phone was on the nightstand, buzzing.

Cyrus, she thought to herself but when she picked up the phone and looked at it she was wrong.

"Hello?" She groaned, turning her lamp on and putting half of her face in the camera.

"You aight? I texted you when I got home, you ain't text back so I figured yo' pops took yo' phone away," Ra'Shawn said putting his eyes off the screen.

"I was sleep,"

"Awe, my fault. Just wanted to let you know our project is due tomorrow, had to make sure you finished the paper," he said, but he knew she knew. He just wanted to see her face and hear her smooth voice.

"I already finished it," she laid back and looked for her earbuds so she could block out all the fussing coming from outside her bedroom door.

"Awe," he nodded his head slowly. He was bad with sparking conversations, it wasn't that he ain't have game but she made him nervous. He felt like he couldn't express himself to her based off the assumptions he had made.

Santana was not at all stuck up or a spoiled brat, maybe a sprinkle of spoiled but it didn't show. He was awkward, tossing up a stress ball in the air and catching it in his right hand as he looked at the phone.

"You just call to sit on the phone?" She raised an eyebrow, he chuckled and shook his head.

"Really juss bored, my uncle having ah lil' get togetha' so I'm in the room chilling." He slouched down on his headboard.