029.

"You okay? You ain't touch your food and you wanted tacos bae," Colbie sighed before taking a sip of water.

"I'm fine, just not hungry right now," Santana shrugged, her mind all over the place ever since they left the grocery store. Was she overthinking or is there really more to the connection he had with Lauren, this girl she's never heard about?

'How does she know about me but I know nothing about her, I just feel he's hiding something from me' she thought to herself but then shrugged it off, feeling a bit paranoid in her thinking.

"You're not hungry? That don't even sound right. You sure?" He furrowed his brows, he wasn't used to her being so quiet around him. He was beginning to question himself, wondering if he said or did something that rubbed her the wrong way. "Did I do something?"

"I just felt weird seeing you with that girl. I don't know why it's bothering me so much. Maybe I don't trust you around women, I know that sounds immature but-"

"No, you feel that way because I've put you in so many positions to question my loyalty and now it's hard to trust me. I understand, and I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." Colbie acknowledged, placing his hand over hers. "Now I gotta do everything in my power to make sure you trust me, I don't care how long it takes,"

"I want to trust you," She looked down at the wood floors and let out a deep breath. "But I don't know if I can,"

"What can I do, Santana?" He furrowed his eyebrows, he felt like he knew where this was going but didn't want things to escalate.

"I don't know, Colbie. You didn't do anything wrong, I guess I got triggered. Like all that shit you put me through is just coming back to me and honestly, I feel stupid. Like what if you do slip up? Do I walk away now or?" She slowly moved her hand away and ran her hands through her hair. "I don't want this to go sour, I love what we have but is it worth you throwing it away when you feel like it?"

"I'm sorry, Santana. I'll give you my phone, I'll do anything to make you feel safe and secure. I hate I got you feeling like this, mama," he spoke hoping his words were somewhat comforting.

"Let me see your phone then," she snapped back, holding her hand out.

With no hesitation, he proceeded to give her his phone. She tapped his screen, seeing a photo of them on his lock screen. It made her heart flutter, but she knew that was only the bare minimum. There's plenty of niggas with their girl as their lockscreen and still somehow find themselves in someone else's dms. She just wanted to make sure he wasn't being performative, she felt checking his phone could either confirm or deny the feelings she was having.

"Password?"

"Our anniversary," he declared.

He felt he didn't have anything to hide, he had remained faithful to her throughout this relationship and didn't plan on sabotaging this relationship.

After typing in the date that they started dating, she scrolled through every social app in hopes that nothing would come up. She went through photos, messages, and by the looks of it he has been faithful since they've been together. She was relieved.

"Now let me see yo' phone," He chuckled, taking his phone back. "I'm just playing,"

"I mean, its only fair," She laughed along with him, unlocking her phone for him to see.

He was only joking but he went through her Instagram, posting a photo of them together with a caption, 'this a forever thing'. He wasn't really looking for anything because he didn't feel the need to. He went to her photo album just so he can look at all the photos of her he never seen, sending them to his phone.

As he browsed through, there was a notification from Instagram.

@shawnlocke3 replied to your story: little do you know

"The fuck is this nigga talking about," Colbie scoffed, showing Santana the message.

"Hell if I know," She pressed her lips together.

I know it's been a while and I know this chapter is short as hell but I have to really go back and reread this entire book so I can figure out how I want things to really play out. So just be patient with ya girl cause I haven't intentionally wrote anything for a long ass time. If y'all don't like the chapter I will understand lol so I'm gonna let y'all comment some ideas so I can try to gain some inspiration for the story. I will try to put out an update a day until the book is completed. I have so many other stories I have to finish but I will start with this one because it's one of the main stories I never finished.