20: a video scandal

"Miles wait up

"Miles wait up." I turn around to see fuck face running my way. More like jogging, but still, his ridiculous blond hair flaps up and down hitting him in the forehead. I hate him even more for looking like a Walmart version of Leonardo Di Caprio.

"What do you want?" I ask him once he reaches me. I don't indulge in civilized conversation with him since he doesn't deserve it.

"I need to show you something."

"One I don't care. Two I need to talk to Diana, so bye." I turn around, but Jason grabs my elbow.

"This is about Diana." Jason has my attention. I look him in the eye to see if he's joking or something, but he looks honest and now I'm scared.

"What? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, but I don't think you're going to like this."

"Like what?" I'm confused. The sudden pain in my chest telling me I should go. That I shouldn't believe anything he says. But this is about Diana. My Diana and if there's something here that isn't good for her then I need to see and make sure nothing bad happens.

"Take a look." He hands me his phone. There aren't many people around us. I press play. There on the tiny screen of his iPhone eleven is Diana and Nia in her room. I can't see Diana, but I can hear her. I could recognize her voice anywhere. Nia is sitting on her bed.

"So how's Miles?" Nia, ask Diana who is still not in view.

"Good. Uh- He kissed me. Well, I kissed him. We kissed twice." Hell yeah, we kissed. It was amazing. Too short, but I want our first kiss to mean something to us, to be perfect. Maybe I'm too sappy or a helpless romantic when it comes to this girl, but I want everything to be perfect. I want everything with her.

"What the hell? Finally. If I would have made a bet with someone, I would have totally lost. I thought Miles would man up after prom." Fuck you, Nia. I'm man enough.

"Ha! After prom, our arrangement will be over." What? Arrangement? Que carajo. I never agreed to an arrangement... what?

"Come on. We both know that you and Miles haven't been fake for a long time." I haven't been fake with her since the beginning I think to myself. I see Jason looking for a reaction but I'm not giving it to him. I won't give anything to him.

"We literally just kissed today. After what? Two months?" Diana comes into view. That dress, wow, she looks beautiful. Why didn't I get a picture when she wore that? I would have hyped the hell out of her.

"You guys are shy," Nia tells her.

"I don't know. This is a fake relationship. It always has been. Sometimes I am positive he wants more, like today. But other times I'm not sure."

I stay silent.

"It doesn't matter what he wants Diana. Well, maybe a little. But the question is what do you want? Is this really all fake to you?" Yep, tell her Nia.