28: the dream date

"So where are we going?" Diana asks as she slams the door of my truck

"So where are we going?" Diana asks as she slams the door of my truck. Her brown hair is tossed down in waves. Her jeans hang low on her hips exposing her stomach while her top is loose on her upper body. She's breathtaking in the most literal way. Every time I see her, my heart skips a beat and for a few seconds, I forget how to breathe.

"We are going on a date," I tell her sneaking in one more glance before I start to drive. Her hand stops me. I turn around to see her looking at me. "What?"

"No kiss?" She makes a small pout. I kiss it. "A longer one please?" I laugh before breaking the gap between us once again. Kissing Diana felt like a sick trick someone was playing against me. It was sweet and soft and I could never grow tired of it. Of her.

Her hand was on my chest and I think at some moment she twisted it around her hand because when she pulled away it was wrinkly in the same place her hand had been in.

"Now, where are we going?" She asks once again.

"You'll see soon enough."

"I like surprises. Let's get the show on the road." She says. I hear the soft click on the seatbelt and drive off. I really hope she likes what I have planned for her. This is my first time doing something so special for a girl. And not just any girl, but Diana.

We keep the conversation soft and minimal. There aren't any awkward moments with her. As a matter of fact, there never has been an awkward moment with her. I have always been comfortable with her. And I think she has been as well.

I drive with one hand in hers; the other on the wheel. Her hand is soft like she just put some bath and body creme before she got in the car. Now, I'm going to smell like her.

Thirty minutes later I'm pulling up in the lake we found last year. Hopefully, Clarissa's ideal date is somewhat good enough for Diana.

"What is this place? I've never been here before." She says looking outside the window.

"You'll see. Come on." I get out and open the back door so I can grab the basket and blankets I brought for us.

"How romantic of you."

"What can I say. Marc Anthony thought me well." I joke.

It takes us a few minutes to actually reach the lake. We talk and look around as branches brush against our shoulders. Diana occasionally kicks the soil off the ground and pushes a small little rock out of the way. She's smiling and looking around in a way I haven't seen before.

The body of water creates an almost perfect circle surrounded by an abundance of trees. The clear water creates a mirror effect with the sky and the trees around the edge. Everything is so still that for I moment I forget time exists. For a moment, I escape reality with Diana.

"This is amazing. I had no idea this place even existed." Diana says. Her hand is still in mine, so I give it a gentle squeeze before looking over at her. I smile because she looks genuinely happy. I smile because she is utterly beautiful. I smile because I am so in love with her. No right words could describe the aching feeling in my chest whenever she's around.