26: high of Diana

I've been carrying the biggest high ever

I've been carrying the biggest high ever. I mean, any smart person would if they were finally dating the person of their dreams. Diana Lewis is my dream. Think of it as Gatsby and Daisy, except this isn't my American Dream. I can kiss Diana whenever I want and those kisses? Best shit ever. I totally knew my Hispanic charm would win her over at some point. I also think Marc Anthony helped a bit in this situation and obviously, I am very guapo, handsome.

I am in love with this girl. Completely obsessed with her. I want to show her off to everyone. Tell them that I'm lucky enough to date her, hug her, kiss her. Have I mentioned how much I love her kisses? They're sweet and make me feel like Benjamin Franklyn when the key connected to lighting. (I don't know if that is accurate, but it will do). I feel like her soul has touched me in every way souls should touch each other.

Diana's soul is gentle and calming. It draws you in and completes you. It makes her beautiful. But her soul is like what I've said before; a dangerous heart beating so fast it must be protected.

I'm high off Diana Lewis. Mami knows it. Alejandro knows it. Clarissa knows it. Carajo, Lidia knows it.

"Ay papito," Lidia pushes my shoulder slightly. "You have fallen in love. How sweet." She clasps her hands together and smiles like a proud grandmother. I don't roll my eyes, I don't make snarky remarks because it's true. I am in love.

"Who wouldn't be in love with Diana. Have you looked at her?" I take the towel Lidia had handed me moments before and start cleaning the spilled coca-cola off the counter.

"I'm so happy it finally happened. At the rate you were going I thought for sure Clarissa was going to get a partner before you." Now I do roll my eyes.

"Love takes time. See I have a girlfriend and I suddenly know everything about love. The knowledge comes with the feeling."

"Knowledge also comes from listening to salsa love songs. Now work. I don't pay you to clean counters and sit pretty."

"Okay, okay. I have to leave a little early since I'm going to pick up Diana from her cheerleading practice."

"I'll let it slide just this once." She grins and flashes me a wink before going back into the kitchen. I am left with a few tables to clear and two tables to attend to.

~~~

She slams the door of my car.

"I like your outfit." She tells me after pecking my lips. I look down at the diner clothes I have to wear.

"I look hot in anything, I know." She laughs and it makes her high ponytail move side to side.

"You don't but okay." I ignore her.

"Milkshake??" I offer, pulling out two medium-sized cups filled with cookies and cream milkshakes. Her smile falls.

"Mother has been telling me I've been gaining pounds." I look at her for a moment trying to see what her mom means. But I don't spot a difference. She looks equally beautiful to me even if she has gained pounds.