ONE

Carly was at the mall with her best friend, Lily. They were trying to find something cute to wear on their first day of junior year.

"This is cute." Carly holds up a pink denim skirt.

Lily shrugs her shoulders. "I guess." 

Carly rolled her eyes and still kept the skirt as she continued to look through the many racks of clothes. "So you know how your cousin really likes going to baseball games." Carly hated when the girl talked about her cousin.

It was awkward enough that her best friend and cousin were dating. She didn't need to know anything else that they did in their free time. 

"Yes. And how you basically drag me too."

"Oh please Carls. It's not like you don't like watching our baseball team. I mean have you seen them?"

"They are quite appealing to the eye I suppose." Carly said, not fully interested in the baseball team her best friend was talking about. 

"Hell yeah they are. Don't tell Eddie I said this but number 7. Yummy."

Carly chuckled at her friend. "And #7 is?"

"You don't know who #7 is?" Lily gasped. 

"Am I supposed to?"

"Hell yeah you are." Lily said, practically shouting, gaining some stares from the people around them.

"Shh. People are staring." Carly said, smiling at the elderly couple who looked over at them.

"Let them stare."

"LILY!"

"Ok I'll stop. But #7 is EJ Caswell. A senior with these dreamy eyes. Not too short, not too tall. The perfect amount of buff. The full package deal in my opinion."

"Ok and?" Carly still was not following. 

"How do you not know who EJ Caswell is?" Lily asked the girl. 

"Again. Am I supposed to?"

"You're captain of the softball team. He's captain of the baseball team. Theoretically you guys are supposed to date each other." Lily explained like it was common knowledge. 

"Is that so?" 

"Don't worry I'll point him out next time."

"Can't wait." Carly said not really meaning it because she didn't care about who this EJ Caswell guy was.