FORTY-FIVE

Paxton was just chilling outside his house. Carly hasn't responded to any of his text which was weird because she always responded quickly. Maybe she was busy?

"Devi called. She wants to work with me at Old Navy." Rebecca told her brother. "Isn't that cool?"

"Yeah sure." Paxton said to his sister, not really caring. 

"How come she hasn't come over for a while? I thought you told me you kissed."

And there it was. The kiss. The kiss that Paxton has been hiding from his girlfriend.

"I kiss a lot of girls." Paxton simply said.

"Yeah but most of them suck."

"Even Carly?"

Rebecca shrugged. "She was always too good for you anyways."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you always have her on a leash. You think you can control her. I just think you and Devi are a better match that's all."

"Well Carly's my girlfriend not Devi."

"But yet you kissed Devi." Rebecca pointed out. "Some boyfriend you are."

"Look I don't wanna sound conceited, but I'm kinda cool and she's like known for competing in the National Spelling Bee. Carly's just someone who fits my status more."

"So you're only with Carly cause it's convenient?"

"What? No. She just gets me you know. Being half Asian and everything."

"So you're only with Carly because of that? That's messed up."

"No Becca I didn't say that. Don't twist my words. What I mean is that Carly and I just mesh better together. She gets me you know? Devi was just some girl I needed on my side to help me pass history." Paxton explained to his sister.

"Oh no." Rebecca shook her head.

"What?"

"You are a douche."

"I am not."

"Yeah you are."

"Rebecca look. We kissed one time. I don't need to marry her. Also her mom basically called me stupid and I don't need that kinda negative energy in my life."

"Oh so you're scared she's smarter than you?"

Paxton narrowed his eyes, not believing what his sister is saying right now. "Uh no. That's pretty rude Rebecca."

"Well if you blow her off then actually you are stupid. And doing that and lying to Carly about this makes you even more stupid." Rebecca said and left to go back inside. 

Paxton was left alone with his own thoughts. His sister was always supportive of his relationship with Carly. Why all of a sudden she's asking about Devi?

Paxton knew he shouldn't have kissed Devi. And what's worse is that he cheated. He cheated on someone he claimed he deeply cares about.

And what he didn't know was that he was going to lose her again, this time it would be forever. 

✄-----------------------------

go rebecca, go rebecca

pop off queen