FOUR

It was only 3rd period. Carly had AP Chemistry. The first day of school was always such a drag. All the teachers say the same thing and make everyone do dumb ice breaker games that no teenager wants to do.

"Nobody sit down yet." Mr. Lynch said as he saw most of his students pile into the classroom. "Please stay in the back of the classroom while I try to find the seating chart I made a few minutes ago."

Great. 

Another extra teacher Carly thought.

The bell rang.

"Alright class. I made up this really cool seating chart that I thought was very clever at the time but could be very confusing to some people but you're AP students so suck it." Mr Lynch explained, pulling out his seating chart. "Alright when I call your name please take a seat. The person I'm assigning to you will be your lab partner for the rest of the semester. No trading, take backs or anything. Got it? Good."

Carly silently chuckled as she waited for her teacher to call out her name. 

"Lauren Carter and Scott Taylor. EJ Caswell and Carly Tan." Carly looked up from her nails when she heard her name.

EJ was in her class?

Carly slowly made her way towards her assigned lab table, giving the boy a small smile before sitting down next to him. Stay calm Carly. Lily wasn't joking when she said his eyes were dreamy.

"Hi I'm EJ." The boy introduces himself.

"Carly."

"I know."

"You do?" Carly asked, confused. She didn't know if that was creepy or not. 

"Pretty kickass softball player."

Carly chuckled at the boy. "Thanks. I try my best."

"Your swing is amazing. You should teach me sometime."

"You on the baseball team?" Carly asked. She knew he was, but he didn't need to know that. 

EJ nodded. "Yup. I play 3rd base."

Carly nodded. "I used to play 3rd base growing up but once I got on the team here they were missing a shortstop so I've been playing that ever since."

"Seriously?" Carly nodded. "You learned an entirely new position in just 3 years?"

"Yup. It's not as hard as it seems if you put the time into it." Carly explained as the boy listened. "Besides, my dad was a big time baseball player back in the day. So once I told him I had to learn a new position he helped."

"Wait. Your dad is Brennan Tan?" EJ asked. 

Carly nodded. "Yeah."

"Holy shit. He was my favorite player growing up."

"Was?" Carly joked.

"Well he retired so I can't really consider him my favorite player anymore." EJ said, slowly getting nervous that he accidentally insulted her dad. 

Carly chuckled. "I'm joking EJ."

"Oh thank god. I didn't want you to think I was disrespecting your dad or anything." Carly smiled at the boy as he smiled back.

Before any of them could say anything, Mr Lynch interrupted. "Now that is out of the way. Let's do a bomb game I made up."

Everyone groaned including Carly.

This is gonna be a long semester.

✄-----------------------------

Introducing.... Matt Cornett as EJ Caswell

Yup here's the dude that's gonna cause problems with Paxton and Carly's relationship that they both want

Yup here's the dude that's gonna cause problems with Paxton and Carly's relationship that they both want. And yes I'm lowkey obsessed with EJ. I mean did you not see how cute and adorable he was in HSMTMTS? And don't get my started on him and Gina. LOVE THEM!!