ELEVEN

"Hey." EJ said to the girl, sitting down next to her.

It was Monday.

Carly hated Mondays.

And she hated this Monday even more because her chemistry teacher thought it was a good idea to give out a pop quiz which he accidentally announced on Friday he was giving out. 

It's not like the girl was bad in school. She took AP classes and got As and Bs. But the idea of taking a quiz on a Monday was not something she liked. Especially since she only got 5 hours of sleep. 

"Hey." Carly smiled, looking up from her phone.

"How was your weekend?"

Carly shrugged. "Nothing special. Tried this really good Mexican restaurant over the weekend."

"Really? What's it called?"

"Casa Mexico."

"Oh I've heard of that place, but never got around to try it yet. We should go sometime."

"Is EJ Caswell asking me out on a date?" Carly suddenly let out, not realizing she said it.

"Yes?" EJ said, nervously scratching the back of his head, something he does when he's nervous.

"Seriously?" Carly blinked rapidly. 

EJ nodded. "Look Carly, you're a cool girl. I really like talking to you and I want to get to know you more outside of school. So what do you say?" Carly was shocked. All this time she thought Paxton was the one and no guy can compare. But right now, she's thinking maybe there are other fishes in the sea who have been right there all this time but she never realized it. 

Before Carly could respond, the teacher said. "Alright everyone. I promised a pop quiz and here it is. Take out your phones because we're gonna play some Kahoot."

"I don't have a phone sir." Someone said.

"Oh that sucks. I thought everyone did these days." Mr Lynch said.

Carly tuned out the entire class. She was thinking about what she should say to EJ. The girl really did enjoy talking to the boy. He made her laugh, she never felt like she had to be someone she's not with the boy, but Paxton. She knew her heart lied with Paxton but he hasn't even showed any romantic interest in the girl. Even the other day he told her she can date EJ if she wanted to just as long as she tells her. 

But Paxton. URG. The girl was so confused and didn't really know what to tell. But she couldn't sit around waiting for Paxton to finally tell her they should date. EJ is a perfectly good bachelor that's hot and nice. 

Carly wrote a simple 'yes' on a piece of paper, folded it up, and passed it to the brown haired boy. He looked at her confused but opened the paper only to smile. He writes down something and passes back to her. She opens it.

Great. Pick you up at 6 tomorrow. Got water polo practice tonight.

Carly read. She wrote down 'sounds good' and passed it back to the boy.

She couldn't help but feel excited for this date. She knew she had to tell Paxton at some point, but that was a problem for another time. As for right now, she can be happy and excited for her date with EJ Caswell. 

✄-----------------------------

Do you ship Carly with EJ??