TWELVE

Lily screamed when Carly told her about her date with EJ tomorrow night.

"Sh." Carly tried quitting down her friend who was too overly excited.

"I told you so didn't I?" Lily said. "I mean I knew there was something there. Didn't I say that?"

"Do you want me to say yes? Is that what you want?"

"I was right. I was right." Lily started doing a cute little dance, causing Carly to roll her eyes.

"You were right about what?" Eddie suddenly came up to the two. It was lunch time and they were at the bench where the Hot Pocket usually hung out.

"Nothing." Carly said, hoping her best friend wouldn't spill.

"Carly's got a date with EJ." Lily said.

"Lily."

"What!" Eddie said. "Damnit."

"You owe me $20." Lily said.

"What? You guys made a bet?" Carly asked, annoyed. 

"Hell yeah we did and I won." Lily said, taking the $20 out of Eddie's hand and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you very much for playing baby."

"I thought you were too whipped for Paxton to even look at any other guy. I really gotta meet this EJ to see how good he is." Eddie complained. 

"I hate you guys." Carly shook her head.

"Maybe. But we have to figure out what you're gonna wear." Lily said, too excited about the situation. 

"You seem more excited about this date than me."

"Of course she is." Eddie said. "She's been going on and on about how you need to get over Paxton and find yourself a better man who can make up his mind. I guess EJ will do."

"I'm not gonna lie. I'm actually kinda excited, but also nervous." Carly admitted. She's never felt this way for a guy before. Not even with Paxton. The boy's never taken her on a date before. 

"Ooooooh my best friend has a crush, my best friend has a crush." Lily sang. 

"Stop." Carly blushed. 

"Oooooh she blushing." Eddie teased.

"Stop please." Carly groaned, but then her mood suddenly turned sour when she thought about something. Something that could happen if someone found out. 

"Can you stop thinking about Paxton!" Lily said. How did she know? "Because I'm your best friend. I know everything." Did the girl say that out loud? "Yes you did.

"Yeah couz. You gotta stop thinking about Pax and start thinking about yourself. Who gives a shit about what he'll think. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to do whatever it is you want to do. He shouldn't be the one to say otherwise." Eddie explained. He always hated how Paxton had a weird hold on the girl. Like she wasn't able to live her life without worrying what he'll think. 

"He doesn't." Carly denied. Deep down, the girl knew she always wanted some sort of valuation from the boy. 

Lily sighed. "What Eddie is trying to say is, you can't expect yourself to fully enjoy this date if you keep thinking about Paxton. He and EJ are two completely different people."

"I know." Carly looked down at her nails. She hated when her best friend and cousin can see right through her. 

"So can we please stop mentioning the boy and plan what you're gonna wear?"

Carly nodded. "Yeah." 

The girl was going to try to take their advice and enjoy the date with EJ. She needed to give other boys a chance. But yet her heart didn't let her as it only belonged to one guy. 

✄-----------------------------

Very off topic but has anyone watched He's All That? IDK why but I lowkey kinda liked it. I'm not the biggest fan of Addison Rae but she wasn't too terrible in there and yes it was sooo cringy but why did I enjoy it? What's wrong with me!!!