EIGHT

After Devi got rejected by Paxton, she walked away only to see her friends smiling at her.

"Oh my God." Fabiola said. "Were you just at the Hot Pocket with Paxton? Because you, oh my double God. You don't even have to say another word. I can already tell you're not a virgin anymore. You're glowing."

"No um..." Devi tried to deny it.

"Devi this is amazing." Eleanor said. "You just went from the person in school that everyone felt sad for to the person in school that everyone is gonna be jealous of ."

"Yeah. No it's crazy. I can't believe I'm a woman now. It feels totally different."

"Does that mean you've met Carly Tan?" Eleanor smiled. 

"What?" Devi asked. She knew who Carly Tan was. Everyone at the school knew who she was. 

"Carly Tan. Everyone here knows her and Paxton are best friends. Maybe even more but did you meet her?" Fabiola said.

"Hmm." Devi didn't know what to say."Yeah I did." It's not like her friends are ever gonna talk to Carly to know that the girl has never met the junior. 

"Oh my God. How is she? Is she as pretty as she is in her Insta photos?" Elenor asked.

"Uh yeah. It's crazy. I can see her and I becoming good friends or something." Devi lied. 

Before any of the girls could say anything, they were interrupted. "Hey Fabiola." Fabiola's boyfriend, Alex said. "Can't wait to hit up Wetzel's P's with you this weekend."

"Same." Fabiola answered unenthusiastically, but none of her friends noticed.

"Oh my God." Eleanor said. "We basically all have boyfriends now. Can you believe our lives?" 

Devi enjoyed the feeling of not feeling like a pathetic loser everyone knew her as for what happened. And if it meant throwing Paxton and Carly's name around to make her look better, then so be it. It's not like they'll ever find out.