FORTY-FOUR

As promised, Eddie took the girl to a local ice cream shop she liked going to. They ordered what they wanted and sat at an empty booth. All of them quietly eating their ice cream.

Carly was being in denial about it. She didn't want to believe that Paxton kissed another girl. Let alone the girl he told her not to worry about.

"Where did you guys hear about it?" Carly asked the couple.

"We heard it from Zoe." Lily said.

"And you guys didn't think she was lying."

Eddie shook his head. "At first we did. It's Zoe we're talking about. So we asked around and apparently Marcus lives a few houses away from Devi, he was driving some girl home to get laid, saw Paxton's car and saw him kissing Devi."

Carly sighed, looking down at her ice cream, no longer wanting to eat it. "Are you sure? Maybe it was someone else? Someone who looked like Paxton? I mean there are a lot of people who look like Paxton from behind."

"He was in a red jeep Carls." Lily said.

"He wouldn't do this to me. No."

"Carls. I know it's hard to believe but sometimes people are just meant to be friends." Lily rested her hand on top of Carly's. "

"I always thought he was the one for me. You know?"

Eddie nodded. "Maybe if the boy matured a bit maybe? Right now he's too immature to treat a girl right. If you guys are meant to, then you'll find each other again another time." 

✄-----------------------------

i have been writing so many long chapters so here's a shorter one