FORTY-TWO

Carly has never been so confused in her entire life. Not only was EJ ignoring her, but also her best friend and cousin. All practice, Lily did not talk to the girl. She claimed her voice was gone because she screamed too much at the party, which was a totally lie.

"Lily." Carly yelled, chasing after her best friend when she saw her almost getting in the car with Eddie.

"Hey Carls." Lily said, turning around to face the girl. 

"Don't hey Carls me! You've been practically ignoring me for the entire day. What's up?"

"I don't know what to tell you." Lily shrugged. 

"Tell me why both of you have been ignoring me." Carly demanded. 

"We decided that we don't want to be around Paxton." Eddie said.

"Why?"

Eddie shrugged. "Because he's a dick."

"He's your best friend."

"Not anymore." Eddie shook his head. "Not after everything." 

"What?" Carly asked confused. What was going on? 

"We can't believe after everything he's done, you're still with him." Lily explained.

"I love him Lils. You know that."

Lily shook her head. "You like the idea of him Carls. He isn't someone you want to be with. You don't love him." 

"Are you seriously quoting Sarah Cameron right now?"

Lily shrugged. "She had a point." 

"What do you know? Did you talk to EJ? Did he tell you that?"

Eddie scoffed. "The fact that not only we think that, but EJ, says a lot."

"No it doesn't." 

"Always so stubborn cousin."

"I can't believe you guys out of everyone aren't supportive of my relationship with Paxton. You guys were encouraging me to tell him how I felt now it bites me in the ass."

"She really doesn't know." Lily whispered to Eddie which the girl heard.

"Know what?"

"Should we tell her?" Eddie whispered back

"I don't think so." Lily said.

"She has the right to know."

"Know what!" Carly yelled, fed up with this.

"Paxton and Devi kissed." Eddie suddenly said causing the girl's eyes to widened. 

✄-----------------------------

uh oooh