FIFTEEN

"Remind me again why we're here?" Carly complained to her best friend and cousin.

"Because dear cousin, it's a Saturday night and you're telling me you would rather spend it watching Netflix than hanging out with your friends?" Eddie said as they made their way to the kitchen where the drinks were.

"Well the new season of Outer Banks is out. And I was planning on binge watching it. Apparently Rafe Cameron looks hot as fuck this season. They got rid of his ugly gelled hair."

"You do realize he's a murder right?" Lily reminded the girl.

"Yeah so? Drew Starkey is the love of my life."

"You're ridiculous." Lily shook her head. 

The party was fun. Better than Carly expected it to be. Her cousin was right, being at this party was way more fun than staying at home watching Netflix. She was also introduced to EJ's friends which she easily got along with.

"So Carly, what other sports can you play?" One of them said.

"Softball obviously. Soccer and volleyball cause my older brother taught me how. Surfing, snowboarding, swimming, tennis, golfing. I think that's it."

Their jaws dropped. "Seriously? I can barely play baseball well and here you are playing all these sports."

"We like her EJ."

"Me too." EJ smiled at the girl causing her to blush. 

Before any of them could say anything, a scream interrupted them. Carly's head immediately turned to the noise, seeing a crowd form outside. She pushed through everyone to see a girl with a bloody shoulder. She immediately went towards her, Paxton following behind her.

"Oh gosh. That looks bad." Carly said to the boy.

"Yeah. Let's get her to the hospital." Paxton said, handing the girl his keys and carrying the girl to his car.

The car ride was quick. Paxton obviously driving over the speed limit. But they didn't get pulled over so that was good. The nurses were inspecting the girl while Paxton and Carly went to get some drinks.

"I'm sorry for blowing up on you the other day." Carly apologized.

Paxton shook his head. "It's fine Carls. The one who should be sorry is me. I shouldn't have assumed it was because you were on your period."

"Paxton I have to tell you something." Carly suddenly said, causing the boy to be nervous. Was she gonna tell him she liked him?

"Anything."

"Remember when you said if there was something going on with EJ I should tell you?"

"Yeah." Paxton nodded, not liking how the conversation started. 

"Well we went on a date."

"Oh." Paxton's mood immediately turned sour. "How was it?"

"Ok? It wasn't terrible. But I don't think I see him that way. You know?"

"Right." Paxton said. 

"I just thought I should tell you. That's all."

Paxton nodded. "We should probably go check on Devi." Paxton quickly left without hearing the girl's responses. He was a bit upset her and EJ went on a date. But she said she didn't feel anything for the boy so shouldn't that be a good thing? At least she told him about it instead of keeping it from him like how he's keeping the sex arrangement with Devi.

But it was better if Carly didn't know. Nothing will happen. Right?