Twenty

"Pass the tomato sauce!" I asked Luke as we stood in the garden of my parents house. They had organised a family barbecue and here we were laughing gleefully in the summer sunshine. I was wearing my summer wedge shoes and a new summer dress with a light cardigan over my shoulders.

"So Luke, how's the new business venture coming along?" My dad asked Luke clapping a warm, friendly hand firmly on Luke's shoulder. It was a fatherly gesture and Luke smiled before wrapping his arm lovingly around my waist.

"It's going well. Hopefully it'll be ready by the end of the month." My father nodded and I stood there smiling, knowing that Luke already had the deal in the bag.

"As long as you're keeping my daughter happy." Dad said smiling at me. I smiled.

"Oh I hope that I'm keeping her incredibly happy." Luke said and I giggled as my father walked away from us.

"Inappropriate." I whispered into Luke's ear, he kissed me gently on the cheek, the stubble on his chin gently tickling my vulnerable, exposed, cheek.

Six months, 2 days and 5 hours. That's how long we'd been together and I'd never felt happier in my life. This man stood with his arm caressing my waist. He was wearing a pale blue shirt, his top buttons unbuttoned casually and his sleeves rolled up in order to express informality. He was the most handsome guy in the world and he was mine. Nobody else's, mine.

"What?" He asked, watching me drinking in his appearance.

"Nothing, just thinking about how lucky I am." Luke smiled.

"Just one thing Esme, no pretend pregnancies?" I laughed loudly.

"No, no pretend pregnancies."

"Then I'm sure we'll spend the rest of our lives happily together."

END OF 'PRETENDING TO BE PREGNANT'

Hey guys, just a quick note. Thank you for all the support and I hope it continues even though this has ended - votes and comments are highly appreciated! So I'm thinking about writing a sequel to this, what do you guys think? Please comment below with your opinions. Many thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the story. Look out for new stories which may be on their way very soon.

Please check out my new story, 'Love Hearts'.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3876087-love-hearts

All my love,

VintageGirl1950