(Prologue): Game start

Yn POV:

My name is Nathan Parks, my username, is Yn.

I'm seventeen, and I've been playing the world-renowned game called "Life" for ten years now.

I live in a small town.

One of those places where everyone knows each other and it's a miracle that no ones related....yet.

Me and my...old friends, living in this dump, we managed to get into the 10th-anniversary tournament of the US.

Pretty good, at least from a statistical standpoint.

This 10th-anniversary tournament has the prize of 100000 dollars to the players who survive a hundred days.

My friends and I were going to work together to win it for ourselves... But things have changed.

I'm solo now.

My morale is low...

There's no chance I'll win... Meaning there's no chance I'll get out of this dump...

So I'll just screw other people over and survive as long as I can.

Mom: Honey, I heard you got in a fight with-

I ignore her and head straight to my room. Rather not relive that right now.

Locking my door, I find the VR headset of mine, put it on, and get into the tournament.

After my mind goes into the virtual world, I enter the lobby immediately.

I was then shown the rules. Or should I say... The conditions I'll be in.

I'll start with nothing, the only thing I can change is the cosmetics of my avatar in the tournament.

We all get one life, the tournament lasts a hundred days. And if you log off, your avatar stays where you left yourself, which meant anyone who stayed on could come and kill you, if they found you.

That's everything of importance.

....

....

....

This is going to blow... I know it...

(Ding)

In my heads-up display, I see my old friends were in a chat.

....

....

...

"Are you sure you want to block these people?"

Yn: Yep.

"Blocked"

I don't want anything to do with those losers.

Anyway, I refuse to be the first person out of the game, so I better be careful and come up with a strategy, since the guys I just blocked are most likely going to use the old one I made.

In this tournament are some pretty big names.

Streamers and Y-tubers. Ones that are really good at the game.

Luckily, this is survival, with warfare tech, my bread, and butter. Unlike the fantasy versions.

I have a shot at not being the first one out.

Being the second one out on the other hand...

"3"

Ugh! What am I doing?! The game is about to start and I have no strategy.