The peacemaking past: part 2

3rd person POV:

(Day 30)

Hidden underground was a large complex.

There, many players gathered to discuss making peace with each other, so they may all win the tournament and get the opportunity to go further in the next one.

Leading this meeting, was Elle, Mark, Billy, and Zach.

This plan to unite the players was one developed by Nathan when their relationship didn't yet hit the rough spot they were in now.

Even without him there, they knew what to do. Of course, they had practice and changed little of the plan.

Even the building which resembled parliament house was the same design Nathan had come up with.

The majority of players were here, ready to discuss peace like adults which some were and others were not.

Elle: So, do we all agree not to fight each other for the remaining days?

Player: But what about the Yn dude? The one with the mask? What do we do about him?

Player 2: Yeah, he seems like a total troll.

Elle: As a team-building exercise, let's all try to catch Yn. There's only so much he can do.

(Tssssss)

Everyone:??

Explosives rained down from the ceiling, catching everyone who entered the building without armor as a sign of respect, off guard.

They panicked and tried putting on the gear they smuggled in, however, it was too late.

(KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM)

Many notifications in chat went off.

All of them are about the death of someone. All of them ending the same way, with the culprit, Yn, at the end of the text.

Everyone died an explosive death, except for the quartet who built a quick escape route that allowed them to hide in a blast-proof bunker.

Yn, who had exhausted all of his resources to craft that many explosives, stared down the massive creator he made.

The population of players had plummeted to an extremely low amount.

Yn:(in chat) Peace was never an option.

Yn:(in chat) You're next.

(Opening theme)

(Yn's POV)

(DAY 31)

It was the start of a brand new day in the game.

So as I wandered in search of a certain few players to hunt, I find they had decided to come to me.

Elle came out from behind a tree in front of me. Billy from my right, Mark, my left, and Zach, from behind.

Yn: You four survived? Huh... Couldn't tell over all the deaths in chat.

Elle: How could you!?

Yn: It was easy... The building was always designed to work like that so I simply took advantage of that.