The real game begins: part 2

Yn's POV:

Up against the arguably best player in the world and given the option to fight or flight, I was conflicted on what to do next.

My luck ran out... It might be smart to run, but...

Fuck it... I have nothing to lose.

Rushing towards Disco, I thrust my sword towards him, but in a blur of motion, he smacks my blade away with his sheathed sword.

I have no idea how he has speed effects this early in the game, but using the momentum from him smacking my sword away, I spun and threw a punch.

It landed but of course didn't do any real damage.

Disco: Okay...

(Smack)

Hitting me with his sheathed sword, he does 1 point of damage.

Not much, but when he started swinging, those 1 points of damage quickly stacked up.

Disco: I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you to fight.

Seeing a pattern, I dodge and swing my blade, which forces him to dodge.

This gave me a moment to heal.

Disco:(nodding) Hmm...

Yn: How are you swinging that thing so fast?

Disco: How does anyone do anything?

Yn: Come on...

Disco: Listen kid... The trick is in what this item is categorized as.

Yn: What?

Yn:(mind) It's a sword, it would be categorized as a weapon, would it not?

Yn:(mind) That's too obvious to be the answer unless it's a trick question...

Yn:(mind) Maybe type of weapon...?

I didn't know, but if this hint was true, I needed to solve it, for some hope in surviving.

(Opening theme)

Though his attacks were weak, his attack speed made up for it. And my armor wasn't meant to take these kinds of attacks. More firearms than swords.

Needing some regeneration, I tried to keep my distance but he kept closing it.

I felt like I was at some kind of final boss, but I had skipped everything else the game had planned so I was absolutely underprepared.

Disco: I don't have all day, you know. There are some other things I have to do...

Yn: Give me a minute, at least.

Disco: Alright... One minute, starting... Now.

Yn:!

Yn:(mind) Okay, okay! What's the trick here?

Yn:(mind) He's using a sword... A sheathed sword... That should be considered a weapon, and have a weight and swing speed limit...

Yn:(mind) It looks like we have the same kind of sword... Is the sheath giving it its speed...?

Disco: 10...9...8...

Yn:(mind) Crap, crap, crap! Uhh... When in Rome...?

Disco: 3...2...1...