The Morning After

Author Notes:

Ok I'm adding my own Cazzie fanfic to the universe! I'm super nervous. I hope it helps get you through our shared dystopian nightmare like it has for me.

This is my take on what happens after the series ends. It spans many years and I will be flashing backward and forward. Future events will be written in present tense. Past events will be written in past tense. And the present? Well... it's a mystery!

Our girls go on a long journey but end up together, again, in the end. There is a lot of angst. There is graphic sex. The characters evolve over time. No one dies.

The story has been like 70% completed and I have the rest mapped out. So I'll probably update pretty often unless everyone hates this... in which case I will crawl into a hole and die. J/K... sort of.

I had originally planned to post this on Archive of Our Own but apparently I have to wait a month to be accepted as a member. I'm less familiar with WattPad so with me luck!

_____________

CW: references to underage sex, swearing

_____________

Casey awoke to the sound of small feet running back and forth. A rapid bump, bump, bump, bump, CRASH. The crash was punctuated by the sound of things falling and a series of high pitched, shrieking giggles, followed by more running. Through sleep deprived eyes she squinted at the room around her, stretching her arms widely and taking in a deep gulp of air. Her arm landed on warm skin. In the instant between her arm landing and her head turning the events of the previous night came rushing back into her body, as if they'd been slumbering nearby, waiting until they were needed. The exquisite sound of Izzie panting and moaning, her wetness dripping down Casey's wrist as Casey fingered her. The absolutely unforgettable sight of Izzie's dark eyes twinkling mischievously as she lowered herself between Casey's legs. The way Casey's teeth felt as she bit down on her own arm to keep from crying out as her orgasm took her, hard and fast.

It was then that the reality of Izzie, lying stomach down next to her with her head turned away, fully permeated Casey's senses. Izzie's scent, her dark hair splashed against the pillow, the sound of her slow breathing, the sight of her body- naked except for a corner of sheet draped partially over her hip. The sight and sound and smell of Izzie... beautiful Izzie... her Izzie... overwhelmed Casey's senses, and temporarily drowned out the noise from the household.

Casey noticed small goose bumps scattered across Izzie's skin and looked down to find the sheet wrapped tightly around her own body and the comforter nowhere to be seen- probably kicked off the bed the night before. Wincing with the guilt of having obliviously stolen the sheet some time in the past few hours, Casey loosened it from around her own body and gently draped it back over Izzie's. The temperature shift seemed to rouse Izzie though, and she slowly sucked in a deep breath just as Casey was resting her head back onto the pillow. There was a moment of stillness and then Izzie stretched, sighed and lazily turned her head. Through a web of dark hair Casey saw her eyelashes begin to flutter.

"Heyyy," Casey said softly, tenderly brushing the hair out of Izzie's eyes.

Casey waited- captivated- gently stroking Izzie's cheek with her thumb, as the fog of sleep faded from her dark eyes and they slowly began to focus. Eventually, Izzie rolled fully onto her side.

"Hey," she croaked, her voice almost a whisper.

They hovered in that still moment, resting in each other's gazes, sinking into the mattress, soaking in a brief moment of silence. Right about the time Casey began to think that she should really say something... something smooth... something meaningful ... she saw the shadow of a smile creep across Izzie's face. Blushing, Izzie chuckled and nuzzled her face into Casey's neck, as their limbs wound together in a full body embrace. Casey had been about to speak but the sensation of so much skin against her own emptied her mind and sent a delicious shiver through her body. Instantly a familiar heat began to pool low in her belly as her fingers stroked lightly up and down Izzie's spine. It was so perfect, this vulnerable, delicious closeness. All barriers and doubts stripped away. Casey swallowed around the lump in her throat and blinked away the moisture in her eyes. Desperately she hoped that they would always have this. This wanting. Izzie's breathing deepened and she arched her back slightly, pressing her body closer. Casey felt Izzie's lips part against the skin of her neck.