"I have been pretty busy"

C/W: Mention of underage sex

Prom: Part 1!

So what to you all think of Izzie's backstory so far?

____________________________________

When Izzie had realized they would have two proms instead of one she had been so excited. Casey, less so. They had been sitting on Casey's bed after school, surrounded by books and papers. Senior year had been Izzie's most challenging year yet at Clayton. The classes were harder, track was more intense than ever and there had been more meetings with the UCLA scout. She'd also taken on more of a leadership role with the GSA this year. On top of all of that there had been college applications. Both she and Casey had sent in their UCLA applications a couple months prior, in addition to a couple other schools, just in case. Now all they could do was wait... and keep their grades and running speeds up.

Casey had absentmindedly said, "Hey we don't have to go to both, you know, if you don't want to. Let's just go to Clayton's."

Izzie had looked at her like she had two heads and said, "Uh... we're going to both."

Casey had smiled, amused, and saluted Izzie with her pen.

"Yes ma'am. Well... at least we can wear the same thing to both."

Izzie's mouth had dropped open with horror.

"Casey! We can't wear the same thing to both proms! This is a once in a lifetime event... and we get to do it twice! We have to make the most of it!"

"And that means not one but two uncomfortable, fancy outfits?" Casey had asked, skeptically.

Izzie had nodded and smiled like it was the obvious conclusion and Casey had looked back at her with that love-struck expression, like she was ready to happily walk through fire for her.

"Fine," Casey had sighed with pretend irritation. "Oooo I have an idea! Why don't we get one outfit each and then switch-"

"No!" Izzie giggled, trying to smother her with a pillow.

Then Casey had closed and locked the door and they'd made out on her bed, touching and groping each other over their clothes, with increasing desperation, until Casey accidentally came, Izzie's thigh sandwiched tightly between her legs. Then Elsa had knocked on the door and, when Casey opened it, looked back and forth between them with exasperation bordering on resignation. Izzie had excused herself to go home, blushing and grinning to herself about being so good she could make her girlfriend come, fully clothed.

Izzie had been nervous about Casey picking her up for the Clayton prom. They'd never really talked about what they were wearing and any time Izzie brought it up Casey would act like she had no plan. At least Izzie had hoped it was an act.

"Oh... I dunno. I'll probably just borrow something from Zahid," she'd say.

Or, "I'm just gonna pick something up like... the day before. Everything will be on sale!"

Or, "What about that tweed suit I wore to Paige's dinner party?"

Finally Izzie had texted Charisse.

Izzie: OMG is Casey serious? Please tell me she has a plan for her prom outfits

Charisse: Sorry babe, I'm sworn to secrecy

Izzie: So there IS a plan?

Charisse hadn't responded for ten whole minutes.

Izzie: Charisse! Should I get a corsage or a boutonniere!?!?