Chapter I

It was on their child's second birthday, not too long after his birth, that Elena and Eden William decided to leave New York. They resolved to flee this place, leaving behind the extravagance to raise their son in a more peaceful, and quiet corner. Secretly fleeing, they left their friends, their lives and their work to keep Blake safe. They could no longer reside in a town where their family were at the forefront of New York's social spotlight.

After much research, they had chosen Alvia, this small town of just over 2,000 inhabitants, which was located north of the United States. They had stayed there several times before and no one had recognised them. Most of the population in Alvia has never left their remote town amidst the vast forests. For those who had managed to leave, thanks to scholarships or other rare opportunities, had never returned. This place, lost between hectares of huge trees, was therefore the perfect place for the Williams to build a real cocoon for their son.

They deserted New York only after Blake's second birthday because that was the time it had taken to build the considerably sized villa, which would become their place of refuge. The house had such a domineering quality that it resembled the likes of a real palace. They had built the house in the wide expanse of fifteen hectares so that their child never felt cramped. Their house thus had several lounges, a kitchen worthy of a Michelin-starred restaurant, a library, a gym and two swimming pools, one outside and one inside. Of course, it included many other spacious rooms that were of little use. There were three floors with the top one being entirely dedicated to Blake. His room was gigantic and his large bathroom looked like a water park. Blake's parents had tried to make his life as wonderful as they could due to their infliction to isolate from everything and everyone.

The Williams spent the first few years living discreetly, and came out very rarely from their home. Every so often, they would make themselves visible by taking a trip to town to deter any cause for suspicion. They tried to appear normal in front of the inhabitants of the city, although seemingly failed as everyone insistently looked at them during their appearances. The newly installed family was a source of chatter and gossip for the inhabitants. Seeing new comers was as rare as seeing a ray of sunshine in the small Nordic town.

Eventually, they had decided to enroll Blake in elementary school so that he could make some friends. They wanted him to be a child like the others, but unfortunately there was only one to choose from within the vicinity. They had no choice but to put him in this public institute with one of the lowest levels of education. Even though their wish to please their son remained, Eden and Elena knew that their son would never learn anything by sending him there. They wanted to give him a great education as they had received when they were younger. Elena resolved herself to teach everything to Blake, at least temporarily, to teach him the fundamentals so that he could, if he wished, to continue his studies and in the hope of one day joining a prestigious university. They had convinced themselves that enrolling Blake at school was not a good idea as they wanted to keep him under constant supervision. When Elena informed Blake of their decision, being only four years old, Bake seemed perfectly happy to stay in their splendid house. Blake was especially happy as there was no longer any reason for him to be separated from his parents with whom he was very close.

Years went by and Blake was growing up. Around the age of nine, his desires changed and his hobbies too. He had explored the whole house: the smallest hiding places, all the small remote rooms and the immense park that surrounded it. There were no longer any secrets tucked away in this residence of his. He knew everything by heart and even Eden and Elena struggled to find inspiration with what to occupy with him. As time went on Blake became more detached and withdrew from his parents. Although only a child, Blake expressed himself and thought like a teenager. Already well in advance for his age, Eden and Elena inundated him with lessons to fill this void that they unfortunately could no longer fill over the course of a few years. For a long time, Blake's whimsical tantrums were incessant and he became like a soul in pain. He went after his parents trying to make them understand that they could no longer keep him here, but Elena had grown used to his presence. Elena has turned into an overprotective mother and couldn't imagine enrolling him into a school unable to supervise him.