Chapter 9

They were amazed by the ground's beauty when they saw what lay behind the gate. Since they had no recollection of that fateful night, both Blake and Maya discovered the enchanting quality of the estate for the first time, again. The park had a unique delicacy about it; he had never seen anything like this place before, not even in his wildest dreams. It carried a magical and mysterious side that left them both speechless. The garden appeared to be perfectly maintained, like a work of art, and yet no one seemed to live here. The gate closed itself as soon as they entered.

Even the grass and the leaves looked greener, the trees bigger and healthier looking. It was as if he was no longer in Alvia. While they walked down the main footpath and gazed at this beautiful estate, Maya and Blake were speechless. They only exchanged furtive and knowing looks - they knew that what they were experiencing was amazing. Blake was right to take an interest in it a few days ago and to trust his instinct. They could just about see an enormous house stationed at the end of the long road, but did not want to explore it today. Blaze gazed at an old tree that stood out from the rest. It was of such grandeur and sumptuousness, it was impossible for them to miss it. Rooted on a small hill to the right of the house, it overlooked a lake. Blake thought the view from there must be spectacular and Blake wanted to go see it. He took Maya's hand and led the way.

They sat at the foot of the tree, facing the sun-reflecting late. They observed the splendid spectacle that lay before them, nature's gift. There was no location more beautiful than this. Maya lay between Blake's legs and leaned on his chest. Neither one of them spoke, adding to the intensity of the moment. They were wholly relaxed just sitting in each other's company and watching the scenes before them. Maya didn't understand why she felt so good with Blake, as she usually took time to get close to people and especially boys. Blake also didn't understand why he was so attracted to this girl. It wasn't just physically, but it was a feeling he felt deep inside himself. He felt like he knew Maya as though she had always been a part of him. For whatever reason, being in this estate amplified their feelings. His arms were entwined around her.

— It's ours now, Maya whispered just before falling asleep in the magical twilight.

Rocked by the sound of a small wind brushing against thousands of trees, Blake followed her lead a few minutes later.

As the two teenagers dozed off, Maya and Blake's parents, accompanied by a mysterious lady, were stood a few meters away from them. It was the same sorceress who had made all traces of Ipsy dissipate from Blake's mind a few years ago.

— Miss Claire, why are there two? There has always been only one.

— I don't know...

— Do you think it's a mistake?

— It's everything but a mistake.

— What do you mean?

— I guess this legacy will be unlike the others and create unprecedented consequences. If the king learns of their existence he will want to eliminate them and use any means possible to achieve this.

— How can we help them now? Kate Stone, Maya's mother asked.

— Nothing, it's too late. The only advice I can give you is to be as discreet as possible so that you don't draw his attention to Alvia.

— Okay.

Eden, Elena, Kate, Sam and their mysterious friend magically disappeared as soon as the conversation had concluded. Two hours had passed before the two teenagers had woken up, and decided to leave. Maya walked Blake home.

When they got to his house, he had tenderly kissed her on the cheek out of respect, but the intimate gesture turned into a wonderful kiss. They had only known each other for a few hours, and yet the kiss had felt instinctive - their first kiss. Maya and Blake had shared the most beautiful and simple day they had both had in a long time. Blake had warned his parents that he wouldn't be dining with them this evening, so he grabbed something to eat and went straight up to his room. Blake felt like he was on cloud nine and could already feel her absence. He didn't understand how he could have caught such profound feelings for a girl he barely knew.