Chapter 2

A year had passed and Blake was celebrating his birthday with his parents and hundreds of gifts, isolated. This had no meaning anymore or rather he didn't care. While he had spent his last few months emotionally projecting onto his parents in an attempt to to let off some steam, his crisis slowly began to fade and he became more self-sufficient.

Everything was triggered during a walk in the park in the direction of his swing which is found lost in the middle of this immense forest that only he knew by heart. As he walked towards a swing that was lost to anyone but himself in the vast forest, he became overcome with emotion. Grounding himself, he profoundly gazed into the long and beautiful stretch before him when someone appeared in his periphery a few meters behind him in the trees. He rubbed his eyes thinking it was just a hallucination and paid little attention to this shadow he had vaguely seen. He continued to play on his swing until he saw the silhouette again. He stopped abruptly.

— Who's there? he asked. This is private property.

— Sorry, I don't know where I am and don't know how I got here. I'm lost.

The boy revealed himself as he came out of his hiding place.

— It's okay, but if my parents found out about you, they wouldn't like it at all.

— I'll go then! My apologies.

The little boy, very polite, did not want to cause him any trouble.

— No! Rest! You're not bothering me! Can I have your name?

— Ipsy and you?

— Blake! How old are you?

— I am ten years old. You?

— Same, I turned ten only last week.

— I don't understand how you ended up here, my parents have never been able to find me in this forest. Where did you come from?

— I am the Crown Prince Ipsy, son of King Tavron from the Tyrs royal family.

— You're a prince! But I've never heard of your family, and my mother would have told me about you, she teaches me everything I need to know about the world.

— But don't you get bored? I have a tutor who comes to the palace to teach me every day. My father doesn't let me hang out with the other kids, they don't come from noble blood you see. Anyways, I have to go! My teacher was about to arrive.

— Okay, you can come back when you want. I only have lessons in the morning.

— Thanks! I'll come back soon! My tutor is usually late anyways and nobody watches over me. Bye Blake!

Blake blinked and Tyrs was gone. He was so pleasantly surprised by this meeting and although he was uncertain about whether he would ever see Tyrs again, he still wished it from the bottom of his heart. They had just chatted for a few minutes, but the prospect of making a new friend had filled him with such joy that it had transformed what was originally, a monotonous and grey day. For Blake, out of the question to talk to his parents, they would refuse to let him see a child from nowhere. Blake knew his parents would refuse to let him be around any other children, and would have to withhold any mention of the encounter.

The following day, after his morning study, Blake rushed to his clandestine swing and waited for Ipsy, but no one ever came. Blake stayed all afternoon, but he didn't see him then nor for the rest of the week.

Blake returned every day in the hope that whoever or whatever he had witnessed has been real. But Ispy didn't show, maybe he had imagined it after all. He had always been alone and often dreamed of making a friend, but Blake was sure Ipsy really existed.

— Where are you? Ipsy! Come back! I've been waiting for you for a week! Blake shouted in despair.

— Blake?

The young boy appeared behind a bush, not far from the swing.

— Ipsy? Is that you?

Blake had a huge grin slapped across his face, he was very happy to find him.

— I'm so sorry I didn't warn you. I couldn't come before. I was punished because of my late arrival to class.

— You're real then!

— Well of course! Why on earth would you ask such a question?

— I don't know... How did you find your way back here?

— Thanks to you! I heard you calling me!

— What do you mean? Do you live next door?

— No! I don't even live in this world Blake. I hadn't realised that the last time I was here, I had in fact teleported to another universe, your universe.

— What do you mean? How is that possible? I don't understand.

— Don't say anything, but I come from a magical place!

— But that doesn't exist!

— Would you like me to show you? I'm not normally allowed to practice my magic in the presence of earthlings! Swear to me that everything that happens in this place will stay between us!

— Of course, I won't tell anyone!

— Promise me!

— Yes!

Ipsy took his hand and made a small flame emerge.

— I'm not very good, I'm just starting to learn ...

— You're kidding! It's incredible! What else do you know?

Stunned, Blake longed to see some more magic.

— I'm best at teleportation. I have an idea! Why don't I take you to see the world I live in, and that way you can understand more easily, my culture and my way of life.

— I don't know ...

Blake thought for a moment and decided to accept.

— Okay, but I can't be away for too long! I don't want my parents to know about any of this! They would forbid me to go out if they ever found out!

— Let's go! We must be discreet, I have no right introducing a mortal to Vallemos.

Ipsy took Blake's hand to teleport him away, when Elena's voice sounded in the distance.

— Blake? Elena yelled. Blake! Come home, it's going to rain!

— Sorry Ipsy, but I won't be able today! You can come to the house if you want. My bedroom is on the top floor. I will join you, but be as discreet as possible, please.

— Okay. See you soon.

Ipsy disappeared. Blake was running to catch up with him, though it was obvious Ipsy would already be comfortably installed in his room. A violent storm broke out over Alvia. Wind was blowing strongly and the sky grew very dark.

— Don't stay outside when you see the weather getting worse. Elena ordered.

— But it's practically never sunny here! I'm not going to lock myself in all the time.

— It doesn't matter, the rain in the forest can be dangerous Blake! Don't do that again and don't argue!

—Yes sorry.

Blake rushed over to his room.