Chapter 18

He had been walking for almost an hour. He easily lost track of time in this domain, but he finally arrived in front. He checked the map to confirm that it was well of the library and quickly retraced the path taken to get there. While he was immersed in the book, a voice made him jump.

— Blake?

Without even looking up, he recognized Maya. And when he looked in front of him, he saw that she had the same book as him in her hands.

— What are you doing here? I already have my answer. I'm glad you're here.

— Yes, I found out last night. I'm happy to see you too.

— I feel you feverish, where has gone the sure Maya! He approached her and continued, am I making you like this?

— Uh no! What are you talking about, I'm tired and I...

Blake kissed her for short his false explanations. The kiss lasted a moment. Blake, even though he hadn't expressed it, was reassured to know that Maya was involved in their relationship, but also in this domain story. If she was present today, it meant that she seemed as interested as he was and he was therefore not mistaken about it. Blake and Maya walked over to the library. That it was closed by huge doors. Maya told Blake that she had tried to open, but she hadn't noticed the handles. There were none.

Blake stood in front without moving, something was bothering him. This wood, these shapes reminded him of something.

— Maya, look at your book!

— What's going on?

— Don't you notice anything? Maya thought about it and didn't understand what Blake meant on the moment. The cover is precisely the same woods and signs as these doors!

— You are right!

— I guess that'll help us get in. You have to locate a dent. Do you see?

— Yes, as if the books were the key?

— Exactly!

— But at first glance, I don't see any.

— Do you really think they will open so easily? Try to follow the drawings on the left and I take the right side. Maybe at some point a part will be missing and this missing will be the place to put it.

— Okay.

The two teenagers went to work. Maya went to the left and Blake to the right. The doors were so huge that they couldn't find the missing part. The signs were so complex and there were hundreds if not thousands. Blake wondered if really his idea was the right one. He had to get in. It was essential to understand the meaning of this whole story. Maya was very focused and in awe of Blake's intelligence and her way of looking at it. He understood very quickly.

Several tens of minutes had passed. Blake and Maya kept looking, in vain. They hadn't detected anything. They decided to take a break and step back to scan the doors from afar. Sitting a few meters away, they chatted.

— Do you think books are always the key?

— Yes obviously, if they were put in our way first, it is because they have a role important for the future.

— You're not wrong, but so far, it's not working.

— It's unbearable.

Blake was starting to lose patience. Maya looked in the book for additional information and see if she forgot something important.

— You took a while to figure out how to read the news last night. Blake asked.

— That is to say?

— When words become visible, like this opening statement.