1 - Weapons

Amelia loved her life. She loved her brother and the life that he gave her, the extravagance and the showmanship of it all. While she was never one to take centre stage like Tony, she didn't mind seeing the Stark name in flashing lights. However, as she sat on the rooftop of the Stark Expo, clad in her own Inferno suit, she hated seeing it all. She hated watching her brother as he exited his Iron Man suit while the crowd cheered wildly. She hated it because she knew with every minute that she watched him proudly, it was one less minute she had with him. Because Tony Stark was slowly dying and she didn't know how to deal with that.

In all honestly, she wasn't paying much attention to what he was actually saying to the crowd: something about an era of peace and legacies. The only time she was truly focused was when she spent one-on-one time with him but she did all she could to make him happy. It left her in a weird position, to have to let him fulfil his will to live with the time he had left while ensuring he didn't do anything stupid.

When the video of their father began to play on the large screen and Tony had left the stage, Amelia flew discreetly down to the backstage entryway, where she snuck through to reach her brother. She found him just off the edge of the stage, holding a small device in his hands.

"Still rising?" she asked him, trying to hide her worry. He turned the device to her, showing his blood toxicity levels at 19%. Amelia grimaced.

"Where were you?" Tony asked her.

"Roof," Amelia replied simply. "I'm surprised you didn't see me as you passed. You looked good on that stage."

"Oh, I know I did."

"I'm driving, by the way," she told him. "Because you're an ass and brought the convertible, so I'm taking Happy's place."

"Wow, you want that? You gonna be my chauffeur now?"

"I just want to spend time with you," she sighed. Tony's face softened. He shared everything with his sister, so he felt he had no choice but to tell her what was happening to him, but he hated seeing her unhappy because of him. Amelia cleared her throat. "Anyway, I'm gonna pack up my suit and head out. I'll meet you at the car once you're done here."

"Yeah, see you in a bit," he said, the mood between them now sombre as they parted ways.

Amelia found a quiet spot to remove her suit. It was easier to take off than Tony's was, simply because she had fewer contraptions built into it. The biggest component of her suit was back panelling that allowed her to channel the fire from her body into large flaming wings. Since the flames were of her own making, they acted as a solid extension of herself, therefore allowing her to fly. It was something she had figured out how to do after she learned how to concentrate the flames from any place of her body, not just her hands.

Her suit fit neatly into a small case, making it more portable than the previous two versions that she had made in the last six months. The first was simply body armour made of the same gold-titanium alloy as Tony's suits. The second had incorporated extendable blades hidden in the arms and legs, which she much preferred over bullets, and special gloves that allowed her to use her pyrokinesis better than the gold-titanium alloy gloves did. It was only the third version that combined all of that, plus the wings.

The shouts of many people from the entrance of the building indicated that Tony was finally approaching. Amelia was waiting by the car, and any of the cameras that had been pointed at her now turned to focus solely on Tony as he made a dramatic exit, making sure to greet every pretty woman or important man he could.

"Hey," he said loudly over the crowd, waving to his sister. The security detail pushed people aside as he made a beeline for her and the car. "I'm on the wheel."