6 - Invasion

Thor and Amelia were next to arrive in New York after Tony. The portal was already opened above the tower, Chitauri soldiers spilling through. The pair shared a glance before splitting off, each heading for their own brothers.

"JARVIS," Amelia called out. "Connect me to Tony."

Her comms sparked to life and suddenly she could hear her brother screaming profanities at the aliens. She moved to fly beside him, the army following their flight path. Amelia twisted to fly on her back and began sending large balls of fire in their direction.

"Calm down, Tones," she laughed. "You'll kill 'em with your words if you keep that up."

"Oh my god, you're alive," he breathed out. "If you make me think you're dead one more time-"

"Not like you haven't done it to me many times before," she retorted, a wide smile on her helmeted face. "Where's the rest of the team?"

"En route," he said. Perfectly on time, Natasha's voice came through.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast."

"Hey, lady," Amelia greeted. She could almost hear Natasha smirking.

"Still alive and kicking, other Stark?" she responded. "Sorry we're late."

"What did you stop for drive-thru?" Tony cut in. "Swing up PARK, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

The two Starks circled around the tower, drawing the Chitauri into the jet's line of fire and thinning out the herd considerably.

"We have more incoming," JARVIS spoke through their suits.

"Fine, let's keep them occupied," Tony said. "Ames, split up."

She did as told and circled the tower once more, giving her sight of the Chitauri as she curved. Flipping up her concentrators on her wrist, she shot bullets of fire at the alien soldiers, taking them all down with precision. Below her, Loki blasted the wing of the jet, making it begin to fall.

"Crap," she cursed and flew down to support the wing. "You're gonna need to steer this thing, buddy!"

"Yup!" the pilot, Clint, agreed and began to manoeuvre the jet down to the ground with Amelia still holding it up. As it swerved through the streets, it caught the corners of buildings before landing ungracefully on the ground. The three people inside stepped out quickly.

"Nice to officially meet you," she greeted Clint. "Natasha. Cap."

"Stark," Steve greeted her back, a small smile on his face.

"Uh, you guys work on the ground," she told them. "I'm gonna take back to the skies. Good luck."

Before they could respond, she was back in action. As she flew in the direction of her brother again, she swerved to slice through Chitauri warriors with her large wings, making them go up in flames and fall from their vehicles. A group of them were following her, so she once again twisted, sending a single beam that burned through them all. She had almost reached Tony when she stopped in her path and stared up at the portal with her mouth agape. A huge snake-like creature came floating through, more soldiers following.

"Holy shit," she muttered to herself.

"Are you two seeing this?" Steve asked over the comms.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing," Tony said.

"Where's Banner?" Amelia questioned. "Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep us posted," Tony instructed. "We need him."