2 - Gods

Sitting at a table on the bridge, Amelia watched as Coulson tried to convince Steve to sign his Captain America trading cards which she was surprised to find out actually existed.

"I mean..." Phil said. "If it's not too much trouble."

Steve looked mildly uncomfortable but he was too polite of a man to deny him. "No, no, it's fine."

"It's a vintage set," Phil spoke again after a short pause. "It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but-"

"We got a hit!" one of the agents called out. Amelia shot up from her seat. "Sixty-seven percent match. Wait, cross match, seventy-nine percent."

"Location?"

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding."

"Captain," Nick spoke from behind them all. "You're up."

Steve took a deep breath and nodded, moving to leave. Amelia pressed a button on her backpack's shoulder strap and her suit folded over her.

"JARVIS, send the location to Tony. That's Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse." The AI confirmed her request and she went to follow after Steve, but Fury pulled her back.

"Miss Stark, we'd like for you to sit this one out for now. You'll be on stand by."

"Why?" she asked.

"It's of a public nature. You tend to be a little..."

"Destructive?" she finished, slightly offended but also understanding. "I can still help. You know I've been training for this."

"Let the Captain handle it until he calls you in," Fury reasoned with her. Amelia silently cursed her situation. She had already sent the info to her brother, so either way, a Stark would be interrupting. She gave Fury a nod and left.

Amelia did as told and stayed in the jet until Steve called for her

Amelia did as told and stayed in the jet until Steve called for her. Loki stood before a large crowd of people, screaming at them to kneel while Natasha hovered the jet in the air nearby. When the god threatened a lone man who stood up to him, Steve made his move. He landed quickly on the ground, deflecting the blow Loki had sent, the force causing the latter to fall back on his ass.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing," he spoke to the god. Nick had been right to send him in alone, Amelia realised then. This was what Captain America did. He reassured people and inspired hope. She simply incinerated anyone who threatened her. He'd made a good call.

"The soldier. A man out of time," Loki mocked as he stood.

"I'm not the one who's out of time."

"Loki," Natasha spoke through an external speaker on the jet. She manoeuvred the vehicle and pointed its large gun straight at him. "Drop the weapon and stand down."