5 - Why?

Everyone became ready for action quickly. Amelia hated it, but she would fight with her brother. It wasn't about whether she would be locked up or not, it was about where her loyalties lied and, while she was being pulled in a thousand different directions, her instinct was always to follow Tony.

"Alright, there's two on the parking deck," Tony announced. "One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Ames, you're with me. Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?"

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes," Rhodey followed up. Tony and Rhodey flew off towards Wanda and Clint while Rhodey dealt with Steve.

"Barnes is mine," T'Challa growled and ran in their direction.

"Hey, Mr Stark, what should I do?" Peter asked.

"What we discussed. Keep your distance, web them up."

"Okay, copy that."

The two siblings followed after Clint and Wanda as they ran outside. Wanda was seething with anger as she stared at the two approaching.

"Wanda, I think you hurt Vision's feelings," Tony snarked.

"Tony, don't," Amelia warned. She landed on the ground while he stayed flying above, hand pointed out to blast. The woman held up her hands to show she wasn't a threat. "I'm sorry, Wanda. I never meant for any of this to happen."

"You locked me in my room," she hissed. Amelia saw the hurt flash in her eyes. Maybe she had expected it from Tony, but not from her. They trusted each other, Amelia believed in her, but she had ruined both of those things.

"Okay, first, that's an exaggeration," Tony cut in. "Second, we did it to protect you. Hey, Clint."

"Hey, man."

"Clearly, retirement doesn't suit you," he remarked. "You got tired of shooting golf?"

"Well, I played 18, shot 18," the archer responded. He shot three arrows at the man in the air. "Just can't seem to miss."

Tony swerved to avoid the arrows, all of them missing as they blew up in the empty air behind him.

"First time for everything," he commented. Clint smirked.

"Made you look."

Cars came raining down upon the siblings, surrounded by Wanda's red whisps. Amelia rolled to the side and formed a dome of fire over herself, allowing cars to pile on top but not crush her. Tony, on the other hand, had a hard time avoiding them and ended up being squashed. Amelia exploded herself, forcing the cars off of both of them. Wanda and Clint were long gone.

Amelia split off from her brother, flying to locate the rest of Steve's team. She hadn't even attacked anyone yet at she was already feeling guilty beyond belief. Why was she doing this? Was it simply to appease Tony? To save her own ass? To do 'the right thing' that no longer existed? There were no good options here. There was no friend versus foe. It was friend versus friend. She would not fight her friends.

Steve's whole team had reconvened and were headed for the quinjet that the Stark team had brought. They were running, fast, but Amelia and Vision were faster. The latter of the two used his mind stone to burn a line into the ground, causing the whole group to come to a stop.

"Captain Rogers... I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now."

"You know I believe you, Steve," Amelia whispered as she landed in front of him. "I trust you, but-"

"Then why are you doing this?" he interrupted.

Why?

She didn't know how to answer.