4 - Mind Games

After locating Ulysses Klaue, the team had made their way to a salvage yard on the African coast. Unfortunately for them, Ultron in his new body had beat them to it.

"Stark is... He's a sickness!" Amelia heard Ultron yell.

She, Tony, Thor and Steve advanced into the room while the other three members of the team were hidden. She had ditched her suit now that her fire was its own shield, and the teleportation allowed her to move quickly if any of them were threatened. For the time being, she had borrowed one of Natasha's black stealth suits, her bracelet and earpiece still on her person.

"Ah, Junior," Tony called out as he landed in front of the trio of heroes behind. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to."

"Nobody has to break anything," Thor tried to diffuse the situation.

"Clearly you've never made an omelette," Ultron retorted.

"He beat me by one second," Tony sighed.

"Ah, yes. He's funny, Mr Stark," Pietro cut in. The twins began to move forward menacingly. The Sokovian looked between both of the Starks. "It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?"

"This was never our life," Amelia defended.

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve advised.

"Oh, we will," Wanda promised with a sly smile on her face.

"I know you've suffered-"

"Captain America" Ultron interrupted with a scoff. "God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but-"

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor reasoned.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Amelia questioned.

"I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan," Ultron answered.

He clenched his hand and Tony's suit began to be pulled towards him like a magnet. Three bots landed in front of Amelia, Thor and Steve. She very quickly sliced her opponent in half before turning to aid Steve with his too. The pair then came face to face with Wanda, whose blast of red knocked over the man but was deflected from Amelia by her fire. The witch didn't bother sticking around, breaking into a run before the Stark could retaliate.

Amelia dropped to a lower level as guns began to rain fire. Every single shot aimed at her simply bounced off. She held her hands out, making mock finger guns and making 'pew' noises as she shot fire at her assailants, all of them falling to the ground with severe burns through their chests. When Steve reached her and more armed men approached, he held his shield over his head, allowing her to slam her fist down, a fiery explosion ricocheting off the metal and hitting the men surrounding them.

"Thor, status," Steve called through the comms. Amelia split off from the man, heading towards the sound of more gunfire.

"The girl tried to warp my mind," he explained. "Take special care. I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty."

Amelia could feel a presence behind her. She spun around and punched with a flaming fist, only to see Tony free of his suit. He fell to the ground with a hole burned in his chest. He looked up at her, horrified.

"No," Amelia gasped. She moved to be at his side. "Tony, I'm so sorry. I'll fix this. We'll get you to Dr Cho, we'll-"

"Look around you, Ames," he interrupted her panicked rambling. "This is all you do. You destroy. You kill."