6 - Vision

When the siblings arrived back at the tower, Clint was already there with the cradle. Once again, they were back in possession of the stone from Loki's sceptre, Clint had informed. Still, they couldn't get the cradle open.

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce asked as Tony entered the room.

"I haven't heard," he responded. "But she's alive, or Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it."

"This is sealed tight," Clint sighed and hopped down from atop the cradle.

"We're gonna need to access the program, break it down from within," Bruce explained. Amelia could feel the familiar warmth of the stone reaching her from inside. Tony turned to Clint.

"Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the Internet? Old-school spy stuff?"

"There are some nets I can cast. Yeah, I'll find her," Clint replied. He exited the room frantically. The Starks shared a look.

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce said. Tony rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah, about that..."

There was a pause while Bruce figured out what the Starks were trying to do.

"No."

"You have to trust us," Amelia cut in.

"Kind of don't."

"Our ally, the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes," Tony started. He flicked the device in his hand backwards and a hologram of JARVIS appeared in the centre of the room. "We found him."

"Hello, Dr Banner," the AI greeted. Amelia smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS because he was angry," she stated. "He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do."

"So JARVIS went underground," Tony continued. "Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until we pieced him together."

"So, you want me to help you put JARVIS into this thing?" Bruce questioned. He looked utterly bewildered that the siblings would consider it after what happened with Ultron.

"No! Of course not," Tony denied. "I wanna help you put JARVIS in this thing. Plus, Ames can take the blame for this one. It was her idea. We're out of my field, here. You know bio-organics better than anyone."

"And you just assume that JARVIS' operational matrix can beat Ultron's?"

"JARVIS has been beating him from inside without knowing it," Tony explained. "This is the opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to."

"I believe it's worth a go," JARVIS cut in.

"Of course it is," Amelia added her input. "Ultron was a baby compared to JARVIS. His maniacal tendencies were caused by the added consciousness of the stone. JARVIS is already free-thinking. It won't turn him into a murder-bot. It's gonna turn him into something better."

"I'm in a loop!" Bruce exclaimed, waving his arms around wildly. "I'm caught in a time loop. This is exactly where it all went wrong."

"I know. I know," Tony tried to calm him. "I know what everyone's gonna say. But they're already saying it. We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. We've gotta own it. Make a stand. It's not a loop. It's the end of the line."

The three got to work, preparing to upload JARVIS to the new body they had. Amelia knew it was meant to happen. The stone wasn't buzzing in her head anymore, but whatever power it had bestowed upon her told her that this was the right thing to do. She had seen it.