First Day of Class

Michelle

"Is there anything else I can get you, Ms

"Is there anything else I can get you, Ms. Williams?" the waiter asked me as he handed me my cocktail.

I smiled in content as I put my glasses back over my face, "No, that will be all, thank you so much," I said and he gave me a pleasant smile, further accentuating his incredibly handsome features.

"The pleasure was all mine," he said before walking away, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the view of his backside as he walked away.

"No, the pleasure was all mine, God is good all the time and God knows he made you fine," I said lowly to myself as I watched him leave. When he was no longer into view I settled back into my beach chair in the sand, letting the waves from the ocean lull me and the warm sun tan me.

Suddenly, I was startled by the sounds of screaming as everyone started running and panicking, as an alarm started going off. I turned around just in time to see a gigantic wave behind me, about to swallow me whole, the ringing of the alarm getting louder and louder. I braced my self for impact and just before the wave could hit me-

I jolted awake.

I looked over at my nightstand, grabbing my phone that was going off with the same sound as the alarm that was going off in my dream. I groaned as I hit the dismiss option, thus turning off the alarm and freeing my ears of that awful sound. Damn alarm, turning my sweet dreams into my worst nightmare.

I really need to change that, I thought to myself as I plopped back into the bed, instant regret flooding my body. Today was the first day of my freshman year in college, and I was already hating it because it was 6 am, and I needed to get ready for my 8 am class.

I was already over it.

"Just five more minutes," I said to myself as I closed my eyes, already half way into dreamland when my phone started to ring. I groaned loudly as I proceeded to throw a mini tantrum, "Can't a girl get some sleep? My God!" I said as I grabbed my phone and answered it, not even bothering to see who it was, "Hello?" I answered, full attitude on display, but I did not care. I was not a morning person in the slightest. I was greeted by a deep chuckle that I could feel through the phone.

"Dang Mama, who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?" my son's deep, southern voice rang out. I sighed as I got up, knowing that that extra five minutes I was hoping to get was now just as nonexistent as the cocktail I was sipping on in my dream.

"Apple, for making the most annoying alarm sound ever. You know I'm not a morning person Malachi," I said using his full name instead of his nickname like I normally would. I turned on the light as I got up, heading towards my closet to find something simple to wear. I wasn't trying to do much for the first day. Yes, it's college, but I wasn't really trying to impress anyone, I just wanted to get my education. But me being me I wasn't about to look any kind of way, I was still going to look cute.