Old Age

Beyoncé

Beyoncé

Is this love, is this love, is this love, is this love that I'm feeling? I hummed the melody of the reggae classic as I floated off the elevator and down the short walk to my condo. After spending half the day with Michelle, we paused our getting to know one another so that she could take me back to my car and I could come home and get ready for our date tonight. I was bubbling with both excitement and anxiety. This was my first big date, and with none other than the woman I've been crushing hard on for the past two months. Who knew getting drunk at a bar would propel me into this moment.

We've learned so much about each other in such a short amount of time. I learned that Malachi was biologically her little brother, and after their parents died she adopted him and raised him as her son, and that made me admire her 100 times more than I already had. It takes so much to make such a life changing decision, after going through a tragic, life changing event. Her life story only showed me that how strong and resilient she is, and also just how big her heart is. I already knew she had a big heart, after the way she put up with my shenanigans, but after hearing all that she's gone through and accomplished in her life, I thought I knew, but I really had no idea.

She was special, with a heart of gold, and now that I had the chance and the privilege, I was going to do everything I could to make sure she felt nothing more than like the Queen she was. I've already messed up so much, but she forgave me, and showed me grace, so I'm definitely not about to fuck up this time. I may be inexperience when it comes to relationships, but I know what I want, and I want her, and more than that, I want to make her happy and assure her that she made the right decision giving me and us a try. This is a lot of firsts for the both of us, and I'm not yet ready to hear those wedding bells ringing but I am so confident that we have what it takes to build a long lasting, beautiful relationship.

When I first realized that I was in Michelle's house after all that had happened I was so scared, and I also felt like someone was playing the biggest prank on me, because really, what are the odds that after getting shitfaced I would wake up in the home of the ONE person I was trying to avoid, the ONE person who had me going crazy and losing my mind over. I was convinced she would hate me, I just kept apologizing over and over, but she took me completely by surprise when she kissed me.

Oh my God, she kissed me.

Kissing her was like a dream. She had the softest, sweetest lips, I just wanted to kiss her all day long. When she threatened to kiss me every time I apologized I was about to start apologizing for the hell of it, anything so I could feel her perfect lips on mine again. She was the first person I had ever kissed, and I know a lot of people might say that their first kiss was a disaster, but mines was everything I ever imagined it to be and more. I felt all the fireworks, foot popping like in The Princess Diaries, that fancy ass background music, I felt it all. Even right now, I wanted to hurry up and get ready so I could see her again, and hopefully kiss her again. I still can't believe things worked out the way it did, and despite the way I was acting, she was still willing to give me a shot, and I was determined not to fuck it up. I'm no fool, I receive my blessings, I don't question them.