Crush On You

Beyoncé

Beyoncé

It had been at least ten minutes since she walked out of my classroom, yet I still remained frozen in place, staring at the door where she once stood, in a ball of confusion.

"Malachi isn't my friend, he's my son."

My thoughts were running rampant, Her...son?

Hmm, so we have a son... I've always wanted kids.

Hold on, how old was she when she had him, eight?!

How is that possible, she can't be no more than 28!

Nah, that can't be her biological son, I don't believe it.

Did she adopt him? There's no way she could have had him biologically...

You know what... maybe she said that because he looks at her like a mother figure, like Kierra and Teyana does, I mean they both call her Mama Chelle. Hell, really the entire class treats her with a level of respect they would give their mother, well except Chance. He's the only one who calls her auntie. Maybe that's what it is.

Yeah, it has to be...

Okay, mystery solved. Whew, that was close, at least I know there's nothing going on between them, so I still have a chance to make her mine...

I smiled to myself as I finished gathering my things before exiting the classroom and going down the hall to my office so I could switch my material as well as gather my thoughts before my next class. The class she also happens to have. Once I unlocked my office door I went straight to my desk, dropping my bag down and plopping down into my chair as I buried my face in my hands.

I need to get a grip, or at least reclaim my mind since she's had a vice grip on it since I first laid eyes on her two weeks ago.

What is happening to me?

I think this is my first real crush, and it's hitting me so hard because it's not one of those teenage dream type crushes, but a full fledged adult crush, the type that just doesn't go away overnight. Adult crushes are the ones that you have to act on it in order to get it out of your system, and that's what's freaking me out the most, because I know that would never happen, I could never do it, not in a million years. She's my student, and even though we're all adults, that is still heavily frowned upon and against university policy. I've barely had this job a year and I already feel like I'm on a petri dish under someone's microscope because of my age, the last thing I need is another reason to make people feel like the University made the wrong decision hiring me.

I sighed deeply as I sat back in my chair, letting out a humorless chuckle, something like this would happen to me, but I shouldn't be too surprised. Since this didn't happen to me as a teen I knew it would only be a matter of time before it happened in my adulthood. It makes sense considering because I was years younger than my peers during my teenage years, and because of that, I wasn't even sparing them a second a glance to even develop an attraction to someone, because my head was always either in a cloud or in my books.