She's a Bad Mama Jama

Michelle

Michelle

I had been standing in the mirror for over ten minutes now, triple checking my appearance to make sure I was wrinkle free and looking absoutely perfect for tonight. I had to admit, I was feeling doubly nervous for our date, because this was my first date since the divorce and this was my first date with another woman, but I was looking forward to it, and I was just as excited as I was nervous. After everything that led to this moment, I just wanted the night to go as well as our day had, but I had a feeling that would happen. 

After I returned home from dropping Bey off at the bar to retrieve her car, I immediately went to work getting myself ready for our date. I had no expectations for anything to happen, nor did I want anything to happen just yet, but when you look good and everything about you is looking good, it makes you feel good and increases your confidence, and that’s exactly what I would need for this date. As bad as I wanted to call Tia and tell her everything, at the same time I wanted to keep this to myself a little while longer and just go with the flow, and if things continued to go well then I’ll tell her. 

I was fixing my hair when I heard the doorbell go off, making my heart race in anticipation. I found myself smiling hard, so I tried to tone it down a little as I quickly grabbed my favorite perfume and spraying some on my wrists before rubbing them together and on my neck, then I grabbed my clutch and gave myself one last look over, smiling in satisfaction as I walked out of my bedroom and downstairs to answer the door. 

When I got to the door, I took a deep breath before opening the door to reveal Bey in all of her glory. 

“Wow,” we both said in unison as we took each other in each other’s appearance. Even though it was fall, it was still abnormally warm, so our outfits reflected that. Bey looked powerful and so sexy in an outfit that complemented mine, olive green faux leather pants, a matching halter top, and a tailor fitted olive blazer with clear heels to bring it all together. Her makeup was smoky, yet natural and her hair flowed and framed her face with soft curls. 

She was so beautiful. 

She smiled brightly at me and her eyes twinkled, “Hi,” she shyly greeted. 

I returned her smile, “Hi Beautiful, you look amazing,” I complimented, making her blush.

“Thank you Gorgeous, you look… stunning,” she marveled breathlessly as she stepped forward greeting me with a hug and a cheek kiss. I inhaled her perfume when she leaned in and immediately fell in love with her scent. It was so sweet and intoxicating. I noticed she kissed me incredibly close to my lips and I couldn’t help but to chuckle softly. 

“You wanted to kiss me on my lips didn’t you?” I asked lowly, she smiled shyly and nodded as a fierce blush crept upon her cheeks. 

“Yes, but I didn’t want to be too forward,” she meekly admitted.