sleepover

Abigail sighed upon not seeing her cousin's mate. Even if she didn't know — which she, does — their connection as mates is very obvious, even to some of the humans.

Although humans didn't know of the supernatural world, it didn't stop some of them to notice the stolen glances and the silent lingering looks both brunettes gave each other, so of course Abigail wanted to finally set them both up, after all, they were bound to end up together anyway, what's the problem in helping them. Besides, she wouldn't want to give away the opportunity to bond with her mate, Jessica. Why not hit 2 birds with one stone?

"Girls, I'll be right back," she says to their, shared friends as they turn around "just go up the stairs, It's the 3rd door to the right" right after telling them where Althea's room was, she immediately ran outside with her keys in her pocket to drive to the Cullens' home.

———

The moment she arrived, Abigail was immediately greeted by the entire Cullen family right outside their door, obviously expecting her arrival. She closed the car door shut, walking up to them before breaking out a small smile.

"Long time no see," she stated, starting up the conversation

"Indeed, it has been!" Carlisle laughed softly, walking towards Abigail, "How have you been, Abby?" he asked in a genuinely curious but welcoming tone as per usual, before hugging the blonde, whilst she replied.

"What are you doing here in Forks? The last time we saw you was what, 40- maybe 50 years ago?" he chuckled, pulling away from the friendly embrace, as all the other Cullens began to approach.

"Yeah it was, but I'm just here for Althea. Her parents would've wanted me to look after her, and besides, she's basically like a little sister to me" she replied truthfully, shrugging

"Why don't you come inside" Esme suggested with a kind smile as they all entered their living room.

After some 'small talk', Abigail finally convinced them to let Alice go with her to their sleepover. Convincing them was made easy, especially with the help of her powers, which will help them blend in better with the humans and Althea more.

———

When they both arrived at the house, both vampires were hit by the sweet and strong smell of blood, but unlike newborns, they've been turned decades back, giving them the necessary years of experience and practice to resist the urge of its temptation.

They both soon sped upstairs with their vampire speed to where Althea's room was. Feeling nervous, Alice started to panic internally.

'Here goes nothing' she thought to herself when the blonde beside her started to knock on the door.

Right when it opened, Alice was presented with the sight of her mate laughing with Isabella Swan. As she saw that, she began to become slightly blinded by the emotion of jealousy. Why is the blood-zinger with my mate?

Abigail could feel Alice's fury beside her, so to help calm her down, she reached down on Alice's hand and interlocked it with hers, giving it a soft reaffirming squeeze before entering the room, unbeknownst to the fact that Althea saw the small interaction, making her feel the green-eyed monster in return.