Chapter 26

Rose Hathaway

Watching as Ivan's mother pegged the bitch in the back of the head caused a Mexican wave of laughter. I couldn't help it, it was hilarious; my sides were aching by the end of it. A voice entered my mind, which had me searching for the owner, before I remembered one particular thing that still had taken two years to get used to.

"What was so funny Dikaya koshka?"

I still hadn't gotten used to having Ivan sense my emotions. It wasn't the same as me and Lissa, Ivan couldn't see through my eyes; but could sense my emotions and we could communicate telepathically both ways. Ever since bringing the three of them back from Strigoi, we have been bonded; something that became a pain in the arse, especially with Moira feeling my growing love for Ivan. Lucky for me though, he hadn't seemed to pick up on it yet.

"Your mother just threw her bag at Natasha and told the whole room that she only wanted Belikov as a concubine."

His laughter echoed through my mind, Lucas and Moira's joining in as well. Shaking my head, I concentrated on what Hans was saying, and didn't realise that Ivan had sent one more thing to me before the room erupted into gasps. There were several screams from where Ivan's mother sat; which caused me to look up. Standing there, in similar fashion to how I had; was Ivan. His eyes drilling into Natasha's only to soften when he turned in my direction. A sly wink directed to my group had both myself and Belikov, yes, I still couldn't call him Comrade or Dmitri yet, huffing in exasperation and amusement. Ivan always knew how to make an entrance.

"NO! You're suppose to be dead!" Natasha screamed as she fell backwards her face pale with fright. Well, if she was scared now, I could any imagine how she would be later on. There was a snicker from behind me and without even looking I knew it was from Belikov.

Making his way through the crowd, copying my earlier movements, he bowed to Tatiana before Guardian Saunders escorted him to join us. Before he stopped, I was quick to hug him before pushing him in the direction of his family. "Go! They haven't seen you yet!"

Nodding, he left our group and practically fell into his mother's embrace, the two of them sank to the ground as they cried. Hans thankfully gave them a moment before taking the spotlight off them, so they could grieve and reunite privately, as privately as you could in the middle of a court case.

"As you can see, Lord Ivan Zeklos is no longer a Strigoi and that is thanks to one individual soul, and before you look at Princess Vasilisa, no she was not the spirit user this time. This individual soul had saved not only one, but three Strigoi and reverted them back to their original states which you will witness later."

Natasha once again interrupted by screaming and flailing her arms about, "You bastard, you were supposed to stay dead. If you had just handed him over to me, you could have kept your god damn life!"

Once again, the room couldn't stay quiet, and she was to blame for it. Once again, I had to display my powers to keep the silence; not that anyone really understood the first time. Standing up, I raised a hand and black tendrils left, circling around the room, attacking Natasha first. The tendrils weren't gentle as they grasped her jaw and slammed it upwards, effectively shutting her up. More tendrils left my body, but this time they were gentle in their actions, floating above everyone's heads creating clouds. They then slowly sent mist, same black colour of the tendrils and clouds, that encased everyone and kept them from speaking, without harming them.

This time, everyone saw me do it and now everyone knew I was different, a freak, an abomination. I wished I could leave the room, but before I made a single step, I was pulled against two chests; chests that I knew like the back of my hand. Ivan and ... Comrade... had me in their arms and were cooing in my ears, their voices calming the waking fires of self-hated.